Chapter 39

Newt:
The bell to the greenie rang and Gally walked to the box as I stood by Kiara as she did her best to avoid trouble with the assassins.

The boy that Gally pulled out ended up running as fast as he could looking around frantically, he fell a few times as the boys laughed at him.

"Shouldn't we help him?" Chuck asked.

"He won't get far" I said but Kiara, Grace and Aria's eyes stayed on the panicked kid running in our direction.

The kid finally lost his balance and fell, his body falling on the dust as he looked at Alby who walked in his direction.

"I'm going to the kitchen" Kiara said catching sight of Ezio who looked like he wanted to come here and talk to her.

"Kiara..." I whispered.

"I'll see you in a bit, love you" Kiara said stopping me, she pecked my cheek quickly before heading to the kitchen completely ignoring me.

I looked at Ezio who wanted to follow her and shook my head, she was still very angry with all three assassins, yeah I was for one furious with Aguilar but Ezio and Caterina had nothing to do with this and Ezio had to stop them from killing one another.

None of the other gladers would've been able to do so anyway.

Ezio rubbed his temple but nodded at me as I walked in the direction of the greenie with a smile.

"Hi, Newt's the name" I said introducing myself, I extended a hand for him to shake which he hesitantly took and shook.

"Hi" he said looking around the glade.

"Don't worry you'll get used to it" I said softly.

"What is this place?" He asked.

"It's the Glade and we are glades"

"Why can't I remember anything?" He said looking panicked.

"It's okay, it's happened to us all" I said trying to assure him.

"GET THE HELL OUT!" I heard Kiara yell from the kitchen.

"Bloody hell" I muttered.

I looked at the greenie who seemed to sense my troubled expression as I saw Kiara, Aguilar and Caterina on the verge of fighting.

Well Caterina was more like trying to stop them from fighting.

"Well then stop acting like a child!"

I noticed that Kiara's wrists were bare and that she didn't have her blades which made my eyes widen as I saw that Aguilar had his own.

"Kiara don't" Caterina held her back.

"I said stay away from me" Kiara looked at Caterina who flinched and took a step back.

"You crossed every single line of respect I had for you Aguilar" Kiara said glaring at him.

"Oh as if you've had any toward me" Aguilar snapped.

"WOULD YOU TWO STOP!" Ezio's voice boomed making the greenie jump.

"Control your bloody mate and we wouldn't have a damn problem!" I snapped.

"Oh really? Coming from the girl who's literally been ignoring us for days hard to believe we wouldn't have a problem"

"We didn't have one when I was ignoring you..."

"Are they always like this?" The greenie asked.

"They weren't but the shank over there kissed her then one of the girls tried kissing me and..."

"She's your girlfriend" he stated and I nodded my eyes widening when I saw Ezio and Kiara start fighting one another.

I quickly left the greenie and ran behind Kiara grabbing her by her waist as Ezio was held back by Aguilar.

"Kiara don't" I whispered in her ear.

"YOU BLOODY  DAMN SON OF A BITCH!" Kiara yelled.

"COMING FROM A GIRL WHO'S MOTHER...."

"EZIO!" Caterina yelled stopping him mid sentence.

Ezio's eyes met Kiara's before he turned to walk away, Kiara breathed heavily her heartbeat racing against her ribcage.

"Take Ezio to the slammer and lock Kiara in her room" Alby said walking in front of us.

"Alby" I said wide eyed.

"Now!" Alby ordered, Kiara didn't flinch nor did she make any attempt of moving which only stirred Alby.

"Are you suddenly deaf? I SAID TO YOUR ROOM" Alby yelled.

"DON'T YELL AT ME!" Kiara yelled pushing Alby roughly making him stumble back before she walked past him and to the girls hut.

"Alby" I said glaring at him before following my girlfriend who had reached the hut in literally no time.

I entered her room seconds later after she did to find her looking like a mess.

"They bloody knew" she said pacing around her room.

"Kiara" I said looking at her, she didn't stop nor did she look in my direction.

"They knew all along"

"What did they know Kia?" I asked closing the door and taking her hands in mine, she was shaking making me frown as tears threatened to fall from her eyes.

"Newt they know the way out" a sob broke from her "they knew the way all along"