Chapter 67

Kiara:
"What was that with Grace and Aguilar?" Newt asked me once we were on the bus, his arm wrapped around me pulling me to his chest though he was careful not to hurt my wounded shoulder, I laid my head over his beating heart shaking my head in confusion.

"Believe me, I have no idea, and for now, I don't even want to know, things are weird enough as they are" I said raising my head to look at Newt who chuckled and kissed the crown of my head, I pulled away from his arms, cupping his cheek and pulling his face to mine, connecting our lips.

"Hey love birds, we're all here too" Minho said sounding somewhat annoyed, him and I were not on the best terms yet, but I didn't care right now, raising the middle finger on him while smiling into the kiss, Newt bit my bottom lip pulling on it softly before we both pulled away to look one another in the eye.

"You know Min Min, you could be kissing Aria rather than complaining about Newt and I kissing" I said turning to face the former runner, his eyes hardened and he glared at me, both Newt and I frowned in confusion at his attitude, and it was now that I realized that he and Aria weren't even sitting beside one another, Thomas was by his side whereas Aria was sitting by Frypan.

"Did you two?" Newt asked frowning.

"No, not yet  anyway..."

"Why?"

"It doesn't concern any of you" Minho snapped, I looked at Newt then Minho, Thomas shaking his head at me not to make a smart remark, I nodded and laid my head back on Newt's chest not saying a word, Minho glaring daggers at me "what? Cat got your tongue?"

I still didn't bother answering, closing my eyes as Gally drove us wherever we were going, which was thankfully not the palace yet, I was not in the mood to deal with mother and her wrath just yet, we still had a lot to fix, and I had a lot to find out, having been in the glade for two year did not do me good when it came to my responsibilities toward the people out here, and I'm not saying that I regret it, hell no, if I had to do it again, then I would.

But I had to find out what these people, cranks or not, have been facing because of WICKED, and going back to the palace will NOT help me with such a matter, then there was the fact that Ezio was actually turning into one of them, I needed to find a way to cure him, or at least slow the process down until we found a cure, him not telling us about it was a huge mistake, but there was no getting back from it now, whatever was done was done.

The bus came to a stop suddenly making me frown in confusion, I opened my eyes to see Aguilar, Ezio, Caterina, and Federico standing, Newt unwrapped his arms from around me, both of us standing, me walking forward toward Gally trying to find out what was the reason that we had suddenly stopped only for my eyes to widen when I saw that we were face to face with a bunch of WICKED soldiers, all of them holding guns at us.

"Gally, tell me this bus is bullet proof?" I said in a hoping tone, just as I asked, a gun was shot at the bus, getting through the glass with ease breaking it, barely avoiding me as Aguilar wrapped his arm around me and pulled me to the side, I looked back to check if anyone had gotten injured to find that the bullet went through one of the empty seats in the back beside Aria.

"Everyone get down, Gally, I'm going to need you to drive on reverse"

"What?" Gally asked me frowning.

"I'm not asking Gally, NOW!"

"Aguilar, you and are taking the roof"

"What? NO!" Newt snapped at me, I cupped his cheeks and kissed his lips taking the gun from his belt.

"Don't worry, I'll be back to you" I assured him softly, his eyes met mine and I saw genuine fear in them.

"Grace, keep Chuck hidden under one of the seats, don't let him look out the window, Thomas give Aguilar your gun, Ezio, Caterina, and Federico you're guarding the gladers down here" I ordered, the assassins nodded and Thomas handed Aguilar the gun, both of us opening the windows and climbing out of them on top of the bus's roof.

"Give us the group A princess, you can go to your castle safely, but these kids are important to us"

"Over my dead body"