Chapter 25 - Back to the Good Times

ابدأ من البداية

I stepped forward, still not breaking the intense stare.  The only thing I wanted to do right now was hug the precious girl into the tightest hug imaginable.  I never wanted to let go either.

Destiny slowly stood up, separating herself from Kyle.  Hey, why was his arm around her?  Okay, I’ll worry about that later.

Everything felt like it was in slow motion.  When reality finally hit me, I realized Des was running towards me.  She looked kind of hesitant, until I nodded, confirming she could hug me.  I opened my arms and she leaped into them, wrapping her legs around my waist.

I held her so carefully, as if she could crack if I squeezed her too tight.  She gripped onto me and I stroked her hair.  I felt all eyes on us, but that didn’t matter.  I had the most beautiful girl in the world in my arms.

“God, I missed you,” a muffled whisper came from her.

“I missed everything about you,” I whispered back.

She giggled adorably, my favorite sound.

I decided to let her down so we could talk.  I shyly put my hands into my pockets.

“Let’s give them a moment,” I heard Ashlyn say and everyone followed her out of the room.

“So,” Destiny started.  I looked at her, wanting nothing but to be her boyfriend again.  I’ve wanted so much since we broke up.

“So,” I said awkwardly, almost tucking a hair behind her ear.  I need to control myself.  “Do you want this as badly as I do?” I accidently asked.

“What?” she questioned, probably making sure we were talking about the same thing.

“For you to be my girlfriend again.  Do you want me to be your boyfriend?” I asked slowly, heart about to jump out of my chest.  I wasn’t expecting myself to ask this.

“If you want, I mean you don’t have to answer that.  I didn’t even mean to ask.  I’m sorry.  It kinda just blurted out of my mouth, you know-”

Suddenly, I felt Destiny’s lips crash onto mine.

***

Destiny’s POV

After Caleb asked me to be his girlfriend, I couldn’t even breathe.  I was so happy.  But being the awkward self he is, he tried to take it back.

When he started stuttering and being anything that fits under the word “adorable,” I guess I couldn’t help myself. I went up on my tiptoes and kissed him.

The feeling was indescribable.  Everything felt so right at the moment, and I wouldn’t take it back for anything.

When we pulled apart, I stared into his green eyes.  Caleb took both of my hands.  “So would you like to be my girlfriend, again, my sweet?”

I nodded excitedly and he hugged me.  “I’m glad.  I couldn’t stand not being able to call you my girlfriend anymore.  I promise with all my heart, I will never cheat on you again.”

“Okay.  But if you do, I don’t have the patience to forgive you anymore,” I laughed, yet being serious overall.

“I just love you so much,” he picked me up and held me protectively.  “I learned my lesson, okay?”

“Okay.  I love you too by the way,” I smiled.  Caleb leaned in for a second kiss.

After it was over, I never felt happier in my life. I felt so complete, like all that heartbreak was worth it for this special moment.

“Oh, yeah.  Why was Kyle’s arm around you when I walked in?” Caleb asked suddenly.

“He was just comforting me.  I was afraid you wouldn’t come, after what happened between us.”

“Well I figured the only thing that could help mend my heart was to see you.  The only reason I was late was because of traffic issues.”

“I understand.  But I was really worried about you,” I confessed.

“It’s okay.  I’m here now, aren’t I?” he grinned.

“Yes you are!”

We talked for a little bit, until everyone came in the room again.

“Is there something going on between you two again?” Melody asked, noticing Caleb and I smiling and laughing with each other.

“Yep!” I exclaimed happily.  “Caleb and I are dating again.”

The whole group smiled at us.  “Aww, you guys!  You’re obviously meant to be.”  They showered us with compliments like that.

“How will I tell my parents?” I wondered out loud.  I’m ready to tell them.  16, almost 17, should be old enough to date.

“Just tell them.  It shouldn’t be too hard, right?  Don’t they like Caleb?” Nathan said.

“Uh, I guess they do.  I don’t really talk about dating with them though.”

Caleb grabbed my hand and gave me a close-mouth smile.  “I’ll be right beside you the whole time.”

“Hey, when are your parents coming?” Ashlyn asked.  I paused, trying to remember.

“Well, they’re going to watch Akira rehearse, but after it’s over they’re coming to get me.  Somewhere around 3, I guess,” I responded.

“Maybe when they arrive, we can all tell them.  They should be okay with it all,” she patted my back.

“Okay, then that’s settled.  I want some more pizza!” Kyle exclaimed.  He’s so weird.

We hung out for a bit more until the doorbell rang.