Chapter 8 - The Talk

Chapter 8 - Destiny's POV

The bell rang. I didn't even care anymore.  Caleb and I had to talk this through.  Did we want to try a long distance relantionship?

We walked outside behind the school.  I held Caleb's hand, squeezing it as if I didn't have the ability to let go.

"Did you even explain to your parents that you have a very loving boyfriend?" he asked.

Truth is, I never brought it up.  I wasn't even sure if I was allowed to date.  My parents and I put grades before everything.  But I still wondered when I was allowed to have a boyfriend.  I'm already 16, that should be old enough, right?

However, what I was mostly worried about was that they wouldn't approve of him.  My parents wanted me to grow up and marry a Filipino guy.  I never thought that was right.  I should be allowed to date anyone I wanted.

With that in mind, I was scared they would force me and Caleb to split up.  But it wasn't like I was going to marry Caleb right?  Still, I guess they didn't like the thought of their baby girl hanging with a guy.

Everytime my parents questioned if Caleb and I were dating, I'd say no without hesitation.  I'd explain to them that me and him are just friends and thankfully, they believed me.  But everytime I lied to them, I felt like I was doing the wrong thing.  More and more guilt would build up inside myself, and I know one day I'll just explode and let it all out.

"No, I didn't feel like telling them.  There was already enough commotion and plus I ran up to my room before they saw my tears," I explained.

Caleb looked at me understandingly and I still couldn't believe this all.

"Remember how I promised we'd always be friends?" Caleb asked suddenly and I nodded.

"Well, even though this is interferring with our relationship, we're still going to be friends forever," he smiled.

I smiled back at him and I was positive my heart was beating a mile a minute.

"You know, I really hope this works out," I said, barely speaking in an audible voice.

"Me too," he replied while giving my hand a small squeeze.

This is something I really loved about Caleb.  He was always postive and looked at the bright side all the time.

A questioned suddenly popped up in my mind.

"What if this doesn't work out?" I wondered, scared of his response.

"Just hope for the best."

I nodded and a comfortable silence moved in.  I was still trying to accept that this was actually happening.

"I promise I'll try not to fall for anyone else," I stated.  I was being honest though, I loved Caleb so much and I just didn't want to lose him.

He took a deep breath and said, "If you fall for someone else, ditch me and go out with him. I'll be okay."

I stared at him with shock. Caleb actually wanted me to be happy, even if he wasn't included in it?

"No Calebson, you're the only one I'll ever love," I said with total confidence. I really wanted this relationship to work out.

He didn't say anything for a while. I was scared he didn't feel the same about me.

"Hello?" I questioned.

"Oh sorry, I zoned out," he said and I giggled. He's so cute.

"I love you too," he said, which surprised me big time.

A tear of joy rolled down my face and I smiled at him for what seemed like the thousanth time since I've known him.

Caleb wrapped his arm around me and I instantly rested my head on his shoulder.  It felt so natural, like we were meant to be together.  Just like Ashlyn said.  I suddenly remembered I had to tell the rest of my friends the news.  The heartbreaking, life-changing, news, I thought dramatically.

But for now, I was just going to enjoy one of my last few moments with Caleb.

Aww poor them :((( You think long distance will work out??

Anyways, thanks for reading :D xoxo <3