Chapter 14 - School

Chapter 14 - Destiny's POV

As soon as I walked through the school doors, I never considered this would be the worst experience of my life.  I knew it would be bad, but not walking through a horror movie.

This school was anything but good.  In fact, it was the opposite.  Everywhere you look you see kids get beaten up, you see fights all around you.  Not only that, but there was every clique there was to imagine.  Preppy, popular, annoying sluts shot glares at me.  Annoying jocks ran past me.  Nerds eyed me curiously.  Bullies stared me down, threatenly.  The list could go on and on.  

The problem was, I didn't fall into any of these categories.  I couldn't just invite myself into a group and then be instant friends with them.  No, this was going to be so much harder than I thought.

Or maybe I could pretend to be one of these people and they'd accept me!  That was a good idea.

I pushed that thought aside when I saw a pretty, averaged girl walk past me.  Taking the chance, I chased after her.

"Hey, I'm a new student.  Can you show me around?" I asked while biting my lip.  If she said no, I was going with my first plan.

"Sure, what classes did you take?" she half smiled at me.  Seemed friendly enough.

"Um, band, Spanish, and choir are my electives," I answered.

She nodded.  I noticed she had glasses and dark, pretty hair to go along with it.  She had the most beautiful teeth ever, it looked like those in a commercial.

"I see.  Follow me, I'll lead the way.  By the way I never caught your name.  I'm Sky," she introduced.

"I'm Destiny.  I just moved here from New Jersey," I responded, accomplished I actually made a friend.  Well, I hope she looked at me as a friend.  I didn't want to look like a loser the rest of the school year.

"That's neat.  Hey, since you probably don't know anybody here, you want to eat lunch with me and my friends?" Sky offered me.

I was so happy with the offer that I hugged her.  She made this so much easier for me!  

"Yeah totally!  Your friends nice?" I asked to make sure.  I didn't want her to be friends with the bullies or anything like that.

"Well, I'm friends with a few cheerleaders and most of the jocks," she laughed.  Dang it, she was one of the populars!

"Oh, um, I don't think I'll get along with them," I said shyly.  The populars I knew back at my old school were all mean and bratty.  Surely these people weren't any different.

"I think you will.  They aren't like mean or anything you know.  I have a feeling you'll be really good friends with Cameron and Colin," she assured me.

Two guys, eh?  Was she saying I'd be a good match with them?  Hopefully not.

We walked by each classroom and Sky told me all about the school and herself.  I wasn't really paying attention to the school stuff, but herself was really interesting.

Apparently, she's been going to this school since it opened.  She doesn't have any siblings and she had many devastating relationships.  Most of the guys that liked her she wasn't interested in and vice versa.  But the relationships she had, the guys only wanted her for a better reputation and social status.  Some even wanted to pretend they were in love with her and they'd dump her only to see her reaction.  I thought it was plain stupid.  Sky was such a nice girl, I don't see why anyone would to play with her heart like that.

But now she has her eye on one of her jock friends.  His name is Gabe and she described him to me.  He used to have flippy hair, but got it cut and styled for a new look.  He currently had a mohawk spike thing, which she found totally attractive.

He had rad hazel eyes and the cutest smile to go with it.  He also likes My Little Pony and this comic, Homestuck.  He reminded me of Nathan in a way.  Weird.

Sky told me Gabe is shy at first, but once you get to know him, he's the funniest guy ever.  

I smiled at her giddy-ness.  She was just like Ashlyn!  But once I meet Gabe, I'll make up a plan for them to go out.  It'll be so cute!  My plans never failed.

I decided to tell her about Caleb when the bell rang.  We were sitting together in algebra and I promised myself I'd tell her all about him later.

******************************************************************************************

Lunch came by faster than I expected.  Sky dragged me to her large group of friends.  They all seemed fairly nice, I didn't know them well enough to judge.

She introduced me to Cameron and Colin, which they smiled hugely at me.  I returned the smile and sat beside them.

School suddenly isn't so horrible now.

Sooo...what'd you guys think of Sky?  Seems nice, eh? :P  Sorry for the short chapters lately, my creativity has been extremely low ._.

Anyways!  Not much of Caleb and friends in the next few chapters, I feel the need to introduce Des to her new school.  Boring, I know.  But it will get better!  Thanks for reading! :D

vote.comment.fan.  Love you all! :)