Chapter 7 - Why Now?

Chapter 7 - Destiny's POV

I was hoping class would never end.  I was scared to face Mrs. Wei alone.

I didn't blame Caleb though.  He can't help that he randomly sighs.  It's mostly my fault, if I didn't have such an easy sense of humor, I wouldn't have laughed at his sigh.  But that's just me.

It was time to head inside and my stomach did flips nervously as I walked into the room.

"Mrs. Algre?" my coach asked when she heard the door creak open. I looked at the ground trying to avoid the look on her face.

"Destiny, I don't understand why you've been so disruptive in my class. You and Ashlyn.  You two always laugh endlessly and I want to know what's up," she started.

I glared at her and closed my eyes.  This would be over in a second if I just made up some reasonable lie.

"I-I uh," I stuttered. I internally cursed at myself and focused on thinking of a good reason to laugh.

"I've had..funny experiences in the past that related to soccer," I lied horribly.

It's not completely a lie.  When Akira used to play soccer, she was the worst one on the team.  One time, they had to get one point to win, and she scored for the wrong team.  Everyone was furious with her and uninvited her to the soccer party. 

She nodded.  "Go on."

Well ever since that happened, I'd tell Ashlyn about them.

"Soccer was just an inside joke we had. Nothing bad or anything," I finished. I really sucked at lying.

Luckily, she bought it. "Very well. Just promise me you'll stop, because being a distraction in class is something that has always bothered me big time," she said seriously.

I nodded and quickly escaped the room.

To my surprise, Caleb was waiting for me.

"Hey, what are you doing here Caladoodle?" I grinned. I didn't mind his presence at all, I just didn't want him to waste time on me.

"Oh, I just thought I'd wait for you," he said and gave me a hug.

"Okay, thanks! I appreciate it," I said while poking his spike.

He took my hand and we walked outside to the parking lot. School was finally over, high schoolers got dismissed early today for some reason.

"So you going to be on Facebook later?" Caleb asked hopefully. I didn't know what to say, I mean, I didn't know if my computer was replaced or anything yet.

"Maybe, it depends if my parents bought me a new computer," I answered sadly.

"Okay, I'll wait for you anyways," he smiled and my heart skipped a beat again.

"Kay, I'll talk to you later hopefully! If not, I'll see you tomorrow," I added.

He agreed and we hugged.

***************************************************************************************************************

I unlocked the door and entered my house.  My parents were looking at me as if they were expecting me for awhile.

I couldn't help but get a sick feeling in my stomach.  This didn't look good.

"Destiny? We need to talk to you," my dad began.

Oh no.  What's happening?  Did they know I had to stay after class?  Did they find out I was secretly dating Caleb?  What's going on?

There was so many things I was keeping from my parents at the moment.

"I got a new job, sweetie," my dad said, as if it was a bad thing.

"Oh, that's awesome!  What are you doing?" I asked.  Surely my parents would be celebrating by now.  Why aren't they?

"I'm working with your aunt at the bank," he said slowly.

What?  My aunt?  The closest one that lived near us was all the way in Indiana!  And we currently lived in New Jersey.  This didn'tt make sense!

My mother spoke up. "Yes dear, Daddy will be working in Indiana. We're coming with him of course."

My eyes widened and I didn't know how to react to this.  We're moving?  I didn't know how to handle this.  First my eyes started tearing up, then I started screaming.

"We're leaving?! Just because Daddy got a new job? Why? Why can't we just stay here, I love it here! I have a lot of friends and everything! Mom, Daddy, this isn't fair for me. Can't you at least consider my feelings a little bit?" I spilled out. This wasn't right!  What's going to happen?  What will I do without Ashlyn and everyone?

How will I tell Caleb this?

"I'm so sorry honey. You just have to accept that life doesn't always go how you want it to," my mom spoke.

"W-when are we leaving?" I said as I choked on the last word.

"This weekend."

I ran upstairs to my room and I let out every ounce of my tears I never knew I had.

I sobbed for many hours.  I never felt so heartbroken in my life!  Sure I cried a lot in the past, but those were the silly things.  This was serious stuff!

I can't believe we were leaving so soon.  Everything was going so fast. I wouldn't have time to say goodbye to everyone in time.

**************************************************************************************************************

I woke up at the sound of my alarm clock.  I didn't realize I cried myself to sleep.

I built up my courage and decided to let everything out to my friends today.

But as soon as I saw Caleb walk up to me,I broke down.  Tears started running down my face before I knew it.

"What's wrong Des?" Caleb asked as he embraced me into his comfy arms.

I inhaled his scent, this would be one of the last times I get to smell it.

I put my head on his shoulders and cried for a bit longer.

When I finally separated myself from him, I looked at him in the eyes.

He moved a strand of hair behind my ear and said, "Destiny, tell me what's wrong. Tell me what's making you so upset.  I'll try to fix it."

At first no words would come out of my mouth.  I just stood there, frozen as always.  I touched his spike and took in a deep breath.

"M-my dad just got a new job," I managed to say before I started choking on my tears once more.

"It's all the way in Indiana.  You see, he's going to work with my aunt as a banker. My whole family has to come with him of course, so I'm..." I couldn't say the rest.  It just wouldn't come out.

"Are you moving?" Caleb whispered and I saw his eyes start watering.

I slowly nodded and he immediately pulled me into a hug again. This time, I let it all out and when we finally pulled apart, his shoulder was soaked with my tears.

Everything was perfect.  We were practically living in a fairy tale.  Why did my dad have to get accepted to that stupid job and ruin everything?

I hugged him again and this time, I didn't care that the bell rang.

Aww poor Destiny and Caleb! This was so hard for me to write.  I totally know how they feel!

Anyway, thanks for reading!

Comment/vote/fan xoxo :P <3