Chapter 25 - Back to the Good Times

Hello fellow readers! Yes, I know it's been like, forever since I last updated, but here I am now! I really hope you like this chapter, I personally think it sucks, though. This story is just about over! Enjoy.

Chapter 25 - Destiny’s POV

The drive to New Jersey was a drag as road trips always were.  The usual bickering with my sister and worst sleeps were unavoidable.  But this was definitely worth it to see my buds.

We stopped by a few places to eat and pretty soon, we were minutes away from the hotel.  I was literally about to jump out of my seat, but Akira kept causing me to fret.

“I’m surprised you still want to see Caleb, even though you guys are awkward ex’s.  Are you going to tell him about Cameron?  What’s going on with your love life right now?” she taunted, giving me a sly smirk.

“Shut up.  Mom and Daddy might hear,” I hissed.  This was secret stuff that not everyone, especially my parents, didn’t need to know.

Unfortunately, Akira took this as a challenge.

“Mom, dad.”  They paused their conversation to listen.

“I don’t think we have time to stop by Ashlyn’s house.  We have to meet there at 1 and it’s already 11:50.”

“Hmm, that’s right.  But what about Destiny?”

“I guess she can watch me,” I saw the resemblance of a devil in her eyes as she spoke.

Immediately, I spoke up. “No, please!  I didn’t see my friends in forever!”

“Sorry honey, your sister can’t be late,” Daddy said.

“Well, how about after you drop Akira off, we can take Destiny there?  I think it’s fair she sees her friends,” my mother smiled sweetly.  I love how she understands me.

“Okay, fine,” my dad said hesitantly.

That was a close one.  

******

“1:30, right?” Ashlyn’s text read.  I was telling her to spread the word about me coming to her house.  I really wanted to see everyone!

“Yup!  Don’t forget to tell Caleb, kay?” my heart sped up with the thought of him.

“Sure thing girlie! ;D” she responded.  I could just imagine the teasing in her voice.

After a few moments, we finally pulled up into Ashlyn’s driveway.  My parents greeted her parents and would leave afterwards.  

I stepped into her house after politely speaking to them and screamed when I saw my best friend.

“Dude!” I shrieked, sprinting to squeeze her into the biggest hug imaginable.

“Destiny!  I missed you so much!” we hugged, then blended our words out a mile a minute.

“Same!  Where is everyone?” I asked, looking around.  I sure couldn’t wait until all my friends were here with me!

“They’re on their way.  But, oh my gosh.  Your hair grew so long!  I’m jealous.  You have to tell me every single thing that happened in Indiana!” she yapped.

We talked for about 10 minutes and one by one, people entered the house.  

It felt so nice to catch up with my old friends again.  It was amazing to let everything out.  

I gave everyone hugs, and I even piggybacked on Nathan’s back.  However, Caleb was in the back of my mind throughout.  I wonder if he’d even come, considering our history.  What if it was too painful for him to even see me?