Chapter 24 - Talking it Out

Not a longer chatper, but a good one anyways :)

Chapter 24 - Destiny’s POV

I mess everything up.  First of all, I ended the best relationship I ever had with Caleb.  I already hated myself enough for that.  Now this breakup with Cameron happened and it’s adding to my self hatred even more!

Why do I not look at other people’s perspectives?  How come I can’t be patient and understanding with Cameron?  I always was with Caleb.  Ugh, why does he keep popping into my head?  I really need to stop thinking about him.

Buzz, buzz, buzz.  I answered without bothering to check who it was.

“What?” I greeted rudely.  I was not in the mood for people right now.

“Destiny!  It’s Sky.  I just wanted to check up on you, to see how you’re doing after that breakup and all.  Just spill all your feelings out to me!  I’ll listen,” she assured, making me feel safe.

“You sure?  You ready for all the ranting?” I asked, knowing I’d never shut up once I start.

“Definitely!  I can fix your broken heart!” Sky cheered.

“Here, how about I come over to your house?  Get out all the ice cream you have, this is going to be really emotional,” I warned.

“Sure thing girl!  See you in like, 10 minutes!”

“Yeah, see you!” I said before I hung up.  Hm, I’m going over to my friend’s house to eat ice cream after a breakup.  I’m such a girl.

****************************************************************************

“Hey Des!” Sky greeted as she gestured me inside.  “I have to ice cream in my room, let’s go!”

We ran upstairs and entered a silver and purple room.  Her room was really cool!  Huge bed, lights, posters, and lots of room.

“Rad room you got here!  I wish mine was like this,” I spoke softly.  Sky chuckled and I sat on the floor against her bed.  She handed me a bowl of mint chocolate chip ice cream.  My favorite!

I swallowed a scoop of ice cream and prepared myself to talk.  This was going to be really hard to do without sobbing.

“You ready?” she questioned while closing the container.

Before I could answer, I burst into tears like I predicted.  The millions of tears ran down my cheeks, soaking the sleeves of my shirt.

“There, there.  Cry it out,” Sky patted my back as I rested my head on her shoulder.  We stayed in this position for what felt like eternity.  I’m sure I cried for at least 10 minutes.

I sat up, blew my nose and took a deep breath once I got myself together.  “Wanna listen to my hopeless love life story?”

“It’s probably not that bad!  Tell me anything you want.”

And then I shared everything.  I told Sky all about Caleb, our relationship, how much I loved him, how upset I was for dumping him, and how he wants me back.  I even told her about our almost first kiss.  She listened through it all, soaking it all in.

Then I told her about Cameron.  Why we broke up, how I hated him being overprotective, how stupid I am for not being patient with him, and how I miss being with him.  Once I finished, I felt a bit better.  There was this huge weight that left me.  It felt nice knowing someone was willing to listen through all my drama.

“Awwh, Destiny.  Come here,” she pulled me into a long, tight hug.  “Everything will be alright.  You’re just going through a tough, complicated stage in your life.”