Chapter 21 - Drama

Chapter 21 - Rebekka’s POV

I furrowed my eyebrows in a baffled state of mind.  Nothing made sense in my life at the moment.  

Let me start with Mike.  We’ve been together for almost 4 months - that’s quite a while.  Before we were a couple, we’ve never really been more than acquaintances.  We were in marching band together and that was it.  If I had to choose a guy friend, it would be him.  He’s the only guy I’d call my friend.

Anyways, after I started crushing on him, I decided to ask him to the upcoming dance.  I don’t know why, I just wanted to take a chance.  To my surprise, he agreed to go with me.  All my harsh feelings for myself left and I felt happy for once.  Someone actually wanted to go to the dance with me!  

Soon after, he asked me to be my girlfriend.  We were so in love with each other then.

But right before our four month anniversary, something happened.  The sparks and what I felt towards him before, left.  I wasn’t in love like I was back then.  I didn’t feel need to be with him anymore.  I felt more like I was leading him on, rather than returning the feelings.  He was also boring me as well.  It caused me to break up with him, something I’m still regretting to this day.  Why did I do it?  I should’ve thought it through more.  It was such a mistake.  The guilt arrived, after his sad face continuously flashed in my mind.  It was so hard to break up with him, but at that time I was only thinking of myself.  

I’m still stabbing myself internally.  Letting Mike go was the absolute stupidest thing I have ever done.  Right now, I want him back.  I know it’s foolish to let something go and want it back.  I’m the one who ended it.  I’m the one who caused heartbreak for both of us.  I’m the one begging on my knees for him back.  

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

“Mike, please!” I pleaded.  I was craving for Mike’s love again, but he was rejecting me.

“I’m sorry Rebekka.  I just can’t trust you again after what you did to me.  You pretty much played with my heart.  I loved you!  My feelings for you were real!  You’re the one who left me hanging.  I’m done with you,” he said with the saddest expression.

I wanted to grab his hand, and tell him how idiotic I was for losing him.  I wanted to hug him until he was alright.  I wanted to comfort him in any way I could.

“But, I think I want to give this another go.  What I did before was so dumb of me.  I’m sorry for hurting you, I just needed a break, you know?” I said with tears rolling down my face, along with raindrops blending with them.  Why won’t Mike take me back?  I was giving him another chance!  Maybe he was too scared to fall again.

“Sorry.  I-I can’t.  Bye,” he replied, bluntly.  I watched him fade into the distance.

Hanging my head, I stepped into my car and cried for hours.  All I wanted was him!  I was so stupid!  Why do I even bother trying?

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Secondly, that inccident with Kyle.  That was just plain creepy.  Why does he suddenly like me?  I know Destiny moved and all, but can a guy like him really move on?  And why me?

I was going to meet him at his house for a robotics club meeting.  It was my goal to have him confess everything to me.  Being this confused was really stressful.

I hopped into my car and went to his place.  Once I arrived, Kyle answered his door with a warm smile.

“Hey Rebekka!  I made you some cookies!” he offered, handing me the plate.