Chapter 22 - Attention

Chapter 22 - Destiny’s POV

“Are you Destiny?” someone asked while poking my shoulder.

I turned around to see a pair of hazel eyes.  Must be Gabe.

“Yes.  What’s up?” I asked.

He turned both directions, as if making sure know one was listening.  Then, he stuffed his hands into his pockets.

“I need advice on this girl,” he started.

A million thoughts ran through my mind.  He’s obviously talking about Sky!  I gave him a huge grin and told him to continue.

“I want her to be my girlfriend, but I also want to take things slow.  You know, rushing it would be bad for our relationship.  The thing is, I don’t know how much she likes me or what she wants from me.  I don’t know what would be the best thing to do for her,” he stated worriedly.

Immediately, I thought of all the things Sky’s gushed about him.  She talks about him more than enough to know she’s totally in love with him.  Which, I’m glad she isn’t the type of person to take things super, ultra slow.

“You’re talking about Sky, right?” I confirmed.  Gabe nodded at me with a blush on his face and eyes sparkling.  What a cute reaction.

“Well, I know you mean a lot to her and she’s liked you for quite awhile now.  I don’t think she’d want to take things too slow, but at the same time, rushing everything wouldn’t be good either.”

“Okay, thank you.  I’ve liked her for so long too!  I’m going to come up with a super rad plan to ask her to be my girlfriend.  By the way, all this is classified information,” he stated, dead serious.

I agreed and bit my lip to stop myself from screaming with joy.  My mission is almost accomplished!

We said our goodbyes and I watched him head to a group of boys.  I turned around and saw Cameron red-faced, and arms crossed at me.

“What was that about?” he glared at me as he gritted his teeth.

What did I do wrong?

“Um, what?  I was just talking to Gabe,” I said, stating the obvious.  I see nothing wrong with what I did!  I was just helping out a friend and my otp.

“Don’t act like you don’t know.  You were talking to that kid!”

Tension was growing in the air and I was too afraid to speak.  Cameron was overreacting big time.

“Well?  Don’t you have an apology for me?” he erupted.

“I-I’m sorry.  I don’t even know what happened or why you’re so upset,” I told him honestly.  Better to apologize right away, right?  He’s probably just jealous of me talking to other guys, which is a good thing I guess.

Cameron’s eyes felt like they pierced through me.  He was glaring at me and got really close up to my face.  “I don’t want you talking to Gabe anymore.  Or any guy.”

I opened my mouth to protest, but he leaned in to give me a peck on the cheek.  What just happened?

Cameron then took my hand and carried my backpack along with his on his back.

“I love you,” he said, eyes glistening.

“You too.”

Seriously, so many conflicting emotions in that one minute.  That’s weird.  I hope he doesn’t have a split personality or anything.