Chapter 16 - Fun

Here's a longer chapter like I promised! :D 

Chapter 16 - Destiny's POV

"Hey I just met you and this is -"

I threw my alarm clock on the ground before I could hear anymore of that catchy, annoying song.

Grrrr another day at school, I thought grumpily while kicking the blanket off me.  It's not that I'm not a morning person, it's just that I'm not a waking up person.

I yawned sleepily and opened my closet.  I pulled out an awkward turtle t-shirt and random purple skinny jeans.  I wore my hair down, noticing it had slight waves in it.  It looked pretty to me.

I was pleasantly surprised when my dad served me my favorite breakfast - scrambled egg, bacon, and rice.  I wolfed it down and drove myself to school.  I wanted to totally avoid Akira's endless strings of questions.

I plugged my iPod into the speakers and sang along to U2.

"It's a beautiful day!  Sky falls, you feel like it's a beautiful day!  Don't let it get away!" I shouted at the top of my lungs.  It actually was a beautiful day.  The sky was a perfect shade of blue, the sun was shining brightly, and the temperature was just right.

The song was just finishing when I arrived at school.  I was humming to myself when I heard a harmony of melodious humming hum with me.

I decided to softly sing the lyrics.

"What you don't have you don't need it now.  What you don't know you can feel it somehow."

The voice behind me sang the next part.

"What you don't have you don't need it now.  Don't need it now."

Who was that?  He had such a gorgeous voice and such a great taste in music.

We finished the song together as a duet.

"It was a beautiful day," we ended right on key.  I smiled and turned around at who could possibly have such an amazing voice that matched my tone perfectly.

I was slightly surprised when I realized it was Cameron!  Dang, he was an angel at singing.

"Des!" he said cheerfully and fist bumping me.

"Cameron!  Nice singing voice you got there," I spoke, returning the cheerfulness.

He looked down at me and placed a hand on my shoulder.  "You too.  U2," he laughed to himself.

We both laughed, with our voices blending beautifully.  It sounded so pretty.

"Umm," Cam started, rubbing his neck nervously.  "You doing anything after school today?" he finally blurted.

I gave him a curious look.  What was he implying?  I froze when I realized he still didn't know about Caleb.

"Err, nope!  Why?" I somehow managed to say through my shaky breath.

"I was thinking we can go to the library together and I can help you find the CD's of the artists you liked," he added a smile.  "Then maybe, we can chill at my place?  If you want, you don't have to," he said, looking anywhere but my eyes.

Did he just ask me on a date?  It sure sounded like one to me.  I so was lost for words, but I knew I had to say something soon since he was probably dying to hear my response.

Think think think Destiny!  It seemed like an eternity passed before I finally thought of an answer.

"Hm that would be fun!  So um, is this like a uh, date or anything?" I stuttered.  I kind of wanted to do this with him, but I had to be considerate of Caleb.  I wouldn't mind if it was a friendly hangout or anything like that.