Chapter 9 - Rest Of Them

Chapter 9 - Caleb's POV

I looked at Destiny as if it was the last time I'd see her. I never looked away from her, and I probably looked like I murderer planning her death.

I knew she had to tell the rest of the group she was leaving. Imagining how hard it was for her made my head hurt.

Taking in a deep breath, I grabbed Destiny's hand. Who knows when I get to hold it again?

"Caleb?" she sniffed. I'm positive I felt my heart crack.

"What is it gal?" I asked with concern. I hated the look in Destiny's eyes. You couldn't notice aything except how vunerable she looked. I wanted to tell her it would be all right, that everything would eventually work out.

I tucked a hair behind her ear and smiled a little.

"I'll help you out if you get lost for words Des," I promised.

I wasn't going to let her face this alone.

As soon as we spotted our friends, Des froze. She stopped walking and I looked down at her. A tear appeared in her eye and she blinked before it lead to more.

"You can do this," I said softly. I had full faith in Destiny. She was really brave and plus I was going to be there with her. I don't understand exactly why she was so scared to tell the rest of our friends. Maybe she was scared of their reaction. Maybe she didn't want to deal with the feeling that she was hurting them.

When she finally got the courage to walk up to them, she immediately shattered. She started sobbing and she couldn't even talk anymore.

"Des, what's wrong?" Ashlyn started. Everyone was staring at her and she looked down at the ground.

"Oh my gosh Destiny! Are you okay?" Rebekka asked.

Kyle walked up to her and to my dismay, he wrapped an arm around her. Destiny looked at me with pleading eyes and I took that as a cue to step in.

"Guys, Destiny has some...news," I said. I really didn't know what to say. Should I just get straight to the point?

"Go on," Nathan urged. He was really impatient sometimes.

Destiny buried her face in my chest and I rubbed her back. I felt my jacket start to dampen, but at this moment, who cares?

I took a deep breath and just spilled it out.

"Destiny's dad got a new job. It's all the way in Indiana and her whole family has to go there with him. Um, yeah, she's leaving soon and she's heartbroken about it," I said while choking on the last few words.

Everyone's faces changed from confusion, to anger, and finally to sadness.

Tears came out of Ashlyn and Rebekka's eyes. The guys stepped towards Des and gave her short hugs.

Then they all gathered up into a group hug. Destiny was crying harder than ever and I saw Rebekka hand her a tissue. I hated seeing her so depressed. I just wanted to kiss her and tell her I'd come with her. I mean, I would if I could.

My stomach flip flopped when she cried. It hurt seeing my girl so upset. I never cried in my life, but I definitely was inside. I never felt so sad.

Finally, Ashlyn spoke up. "I'm going to miss you so much Des," she said through her tears.

"Same here," Melody spoke and they hugged again.

I didn't know what to say or how to react. I just stood there and watched everyone speak emotional words.