Chapter 23 - It Happened For a Reason

Hey guys! I'm so so sorry for the lack of updating :\ School's really making me busier. But here's a chapter that I think you'll like :)

Chapter 23 - Destiny’s POV

Sky Amora likes your photo.

I blushed.  I uploaded the picture of Cameron and I to Facebook and made it my profile picture.  I have to admit, it was pretty stinkin’ adorable.

Caleb Ratteree has sent you a message.

My eyes widened, wondering why Caleb would want to talk.  I thought I told him we were done...

C: Hey.  We need to talk for a min.

I felt my stomach do a backflip.  Be prepared for anything he says!

Me: Sure, what’s up?

C: I think I may still have feelings for you.

I bit my lip.  This isn’t good.  I already knew this because Ashlyn kept bothering me about it.  But for him to admit that to me was just weird and unexpected of him.

Me: Ok.  Sorry, but I can’t be with you anymore.  I have someone else now.

C: I know, but I still want you to know that if you need anything, I’m here for ya.

Me: kk.

C: If there ever comes a day where we can be together again, I promise I won’t hurt you like I did before :(

Tears filled my eyes after I read that.  Knowing Caleb, he wouldn’t break a promise.  I was startled that he’s still willing to try it again.  However, I was mostly surprised overall since he had the guts to confess this all to me.

Me: :( okay.  I’m fine now.  Don’t worry about me.

C: Not a day goes by that I don’t think of you.  I’ll have you in my heart forever.

Me: I don’t know what to say.  I’m sorry, I can’t be with you right now.  We just need time.

C: Okay. :(  I’ve got to go.  Ily Des.

Not knowing what to respond, I waited for him to go offline.  When he finally did, I rested my cheek on my hand.

Caleb still likes me alot.  Knowing his pain of rejection, I could only imagine what he’s going through.  For him to see the picture of Cameron and I probably made him feel worse.

Did I hurt him?  The sad image of him burned my eyes.  Was I actually ready to end the relationship?  Or maybe I still have feelings for him.

I blinked.  No, the problem is, I can’t have feelings for him.  I’m with someone else.  I have to be faithful in this relationship.

Unfortunately, Caleb feels the opposite.  But it’s not my fault he was cheating on me.  I just wish it hadn’t ended like that.

But that was a mistake.  I don’t think he meant to replace me.  Knowing him, he’s probably beating himself up for it.  I can’t help but pity him a bit.

But what about Cameron?  He’s so amazing and makes me very happy.  That kiss we had felt like one in a movie.  However, his actions and that fight we had makes me unsure if I want to stay with him.  He always overreacts when I just talk to other guys!  That’s a little insane.

I guess I’ll stay with him a little longer.  I don’t see a reason for us to split; he was just being moody, that’s all.  It was just a one time thing probably!

*************************************************************************************

Caleb’s POV