Chapter 11 - The Drawing

Chapter 11 - Caleb's POV :P

The thing I regret most about Des leaving is all the things I never did or said to her.  All the things I wish I had done, but didn't.

Kissing her was what I was annoyed with most.  I had been such a wimp and didn't accomplish my goal.  I wanted to kiss her so badly.  Before she left would've been the perfect time.  Ugh, if only she didn't sneeze.

I had given her my favorite jacket though.  I wore it when I started liking her. 

I'd given her a number of things.  The jacket was the closet thing from my heart.  Andrew was out of a skill crane, the flower was from school ground, but this jacket meant a lot to me. 

The note itself was way more special than all the gifts combined.  There was something about it that couldn't be remade.  It came from her heart and mind.  Destiny meant every word of that letter, and I knew she put a lot of thought while writing it.  The picture was really cute too.  I knew she put a good effort into that.

If only I'd given her something as great as that.  

I froze when I rememberd I did!  How could I forget? 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Dude!  You should write her a note!" Nathan suggested.  He wanted me to do something sweet for Des before she left.  I thought it was a great idea. 

"Okay," I answered.  We were having study hall and this would be the best time to make it.  Nathan gave me a piece of blank copy paper and I thought of what to do.

I got out some crayons and drew stick people versions of Des and I.  I also colored their faces yellow, knowing it would make her laugh.  Hers yellow because she was Asian, and me yellow because I wanted to be Asian.

Nathan let out one of his cough laughs when he saw it, which meant he was laughing really hard.

I decided to add him and his babe as well.  Melody was one of our friends anyways so it wouldn't be random.

I made them yellow too, just for the fun of it.

I looked at it and wondered what else I could do to make it even better.  I decided to draw a huge heart, symbolizing all our love.  I also labeled every person.  I listed myself as "me."  I put Destiny as, "My little Asian."  And I left Nathan and Melody's names the same.

I finished it with putting "By Caleb Ratteree" at the bottom corner.  That way no one could take credit for my work.  This picture was complete.

I showed Nathan my masterpiece and he smiled.  "Dude, she's going to love it!"

I smirked and punched his shoulder.  "I even added you and your babe in it!" 

He patted my shoulder and said, "Well done Caleb!  When you going to give it to her?"

I hadn't thought of that.  When would be a good time?  Maybe when our circle of friends would have a gathering for her?

I decided I'll think about it later as I folded it up and placed it in my jacket pocket.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

It was then I realized how stupid I was for forgetting the note in the jacket.  I'll never get to see her reaction to the art!

I wonder if she'll ever notice it.  I wonder what she'll think.  I kept thinking of all the possible scenarios that could happen.

"It's a good thing I gave her the jacket though," I thought.