Chapter 1 - Friends For Now?

Hey guys!  I never wrote an actual story before, just poetry.  But I decided to try this out for fun so tell me what you think!  Feel free to leave comments or suggestions.  Thanks a bunch! :)

Chapter 1 - Destiny's POV

"Saturday?  What time?" Caleb asked me.  Caleb was one of my close friends and always been my best guy friend.

"12:30.  The entrance."

I walked away with a blush on my face and my tummy filled with butterflies.  I've always had a secret crush on Caleb, even if I constantly denied it to my friends.  I don't know why I never built up the courage to tell them.

***********************************************************************************************************

"You're going on a date again?!" 

I sighed as Ashlyn squealed in my face.  She always acts like this.  She has this strange idea that Caleb likes me.  I shoved that idea out of my head.  But being her best friend, I was used to all her weirdness.

"Pshh, I wish,"  I said sarcastically.

"You guys would be the cutest thing ever!  You're meant for each other.  Don't you see the way he looks at you?  He's hopelessly in love!"  Ashlyn blabbed on.

"Dude, get over that fantasy!  Caleb and I will never be a thing...he just doesn't like me like that.  I'm friendzoned.  I'll be living alone when I grow up, with a bunch of cats!  I'll pretty much be forever alone!"  I stated dramatically.

"Oooh!  So you DO have a thing for him, don't you?"  Ashlyn tried to persuade me.

However, I kept denying my love for him.  I knew it was wrong to keep secrets, but this was top stuff.  And everyone has their own little secret, right?

***********************************************************************************************************

I parked my car and started walking towards the movie theatre.  I immediately spotted Caleb and he gave me a friendly hug.  

"Hey! I just bought our tickets.  You ready?" He asked.

I just stared at him and nodded nervously.  "Y-you bought my ticket?" 

Caleb smiled at me and responded, "Of course!  Anything for my best girl friend."

My heart pounded loudly in my chest as soon as he said that.  I stood there speechless, probably looking stupid.

We proceeded to watch the movie.  Madacasgar was both our all-time favorite movie, even though we were too old for it.  We could care less that the whole theatre was filled with kids no more than the age of 9.

When the movie was over, and after we finished laughing our butts off, Caleb started walking me to my car.

"So...you like the movie?"  Caleb asked casually. 

"Yeah it was great.  I loved it.  Thanks for buying my ticket," I added.

He smiled at me and I wanted to hug him.  "It was no prob, Destiny.  Don't worry about it."

My heart skipped a beat when he said my name.  Ugh, Destiny!  Why can't you just admit your feelings?!  Everyone thinks he likes you.  And he probably does!  Get over yourself and stop being shy.  You're such an awkward turtle at the moment.  My inner voice said to me.  I knew I should be listening to my gut instinct, but I just couldn't get myself to admit.

"Oh thanks Caleb.  You're such an amazing guy friend."

"I know.  You're a rad girl friend too, actually.  Anyways, love you Destiny!  I'll talk to you on Facebook later, okay?"

"Definitely!  Tell your bro I said hey!"

"Always!  Love you."

He walked away and I started the car.  I took a few deep breaths.  Calm yourself.  He only loves you as a friend!  I had to tell Ashlyn all the details ASAP!  I was a bit confused with my love life.  I mean, why would anyone like me?  I could write a book about everything that was wrong with me.

Chapter one done!  How was it?  Please give me your honest opinions, I'd be truly honored ^_^ This is starting a bit slow, but it will get better!  I promise!  Oh, and thanks for reading. :) Vote/comment/fan! <3 xoxo