Chapter 20 - Another Door Opens

Chapter 20 - Destiny’s POV

I woke up about an hour later.  I glanced around my room for a clock and found it was only 9.  I could still call Cameron.  I promised him I’d call back anyways.

I waited for him to pick up. Tapping my foot and twisting my hair, I waited anxiously.

"Hello?" he asked smoothly. I figured I could tell him how I feel now. I mean, I'm allowed to do whatever the heck I wanted.  I could like whoever I wanted. I could drool over whoever. Heck, I could makeout with every guy I saw if I wanted.

"Uh, h-hi Cameron," I stuttered. Am I ready to confess my feelings?

"Hey Des!" he spoke cheerfully.

Should I tell him? Oh my gosh..say something! I hate the silence!

"Umm.." I started.  Seriously! Why can't I just spit it out?

"So, uh, you know how I feel about you but your feelings are a mystery to me still," Cam said.  I could tell he was running a hand through his hair.

"Oh y-yeah. Sorry I left you hanging there. Um.." I tapped my fingers rapidly against my thigh. Why am I making this harder than it needs to be?

"Even if you don't feel the same, I still want you to know I love you."

A great weight of affection went through me and I took a deep breath.

"I love you too," I finally admitted.

Oh yes! I finally said it back! I grinned widely, feeling my cheeks heat up.

"Now that wasn't too hard to say, was it?  I wonder why it's hard for some people to say those three words," he thought absentmindedly.

I totally agreed.  It surprisingly wasn't that hard to say to him.  Someone told me that if it's hard to say it, you don't actually mean it. So I guess Cameron and I meant it.

"I know right?  It was easy for me to say it, believe it or not.  I love you," I replied.

"Destiny, ever since I first saw you enter through the school doors, I knew you were the one."

I looked at my phone to make sure I was hearing correctly.  Luckily I was.  Oh my gosh.  I'm so overcome with feelings.  I can't believe this is actually happening!

"When I found out we shared most of our interests, I fell harder," he continued. "You're beautiful, and you have the most beautiful personality.  You're perfect."

I wanted to cry.  Words can't express the happiness I felt at this moment.  I felt my heart thump wildly. It could explode any second.

"Thank you. I never thought anyone would love me again, especially after my last relationship ended," I explained. I should probably tell him about Caleb, but I don't know if that'd be bad for us.

"Are you kidding me?  Who wouldn't love you?  You're so likable!  Anyone would fall for you.  In fact, Colin likes you too."

I was taken aback.  Seriously?  How did I not see this before?  The guys I adored were right in front of me.

"Whoa, really? I-I feel so loved!" I laughed. We really needed to get the tension out.  "You admitted your feelings."

"Yep! So, are we like a couple now?" he asked, catching me off guard.

For a second, I didn't know what to say. Don't forget to answer, my inner voice thought.

"Hmm, I kinda want you to ask in real life, if that's okay with you," I said.