Chapter 5 - The Truth

Chapter 5 - Destiny's POV

As soon as I saw my broken computer on the desk, I started freaking out.

Caleb would totally think I stood him up! Ugh! Why must this happen to me?!

"Akira!" I yelled to my sister.  She appeared to not have any concern for me whatsoever.  The only thing she cares about in life are her books, writing, and boys.  She's too obsessive over them.  She reads romance novels constantly, she writes about her dream love story, and she is into every guy that talks to her.

"What?"

"What the heck happened to my computer?! Why is it wet and broken?" I yelled.  Why must she break everthing I owned?  She's definitely paying for this.

"I was using it and water spilled?" She said borely.  She didn't even care that my $800 computer was broken?  I saved my money for years for this computer!

I clenched my hands into fists, trying to calm myself down.

"Thanks Serlock," I groaned. "Okay can I just use yours? I'll deal with this later."

Akira bit her lip. "Uh, I was only using yours because one of my friends is borrowing mine."

I let out a scream and ran upstairs to my room.  I get frustrated at her easily.  Akira, she wasn't the brightest person out there.  She always got B's and C's on her report card and I always have to listen to my parents endless lectures about "paying more attention in school" and stuff like that.  The usual stuff parents yell at their kids about.  

Sometimes, they even pay me to tutor her, hence the money I had saved up for my computer.  Weird because Akira was a grade older than me and it made no sense that I should tutor her.  I had to read her lessons and somehow form it into a way that I can teach her.  It was a lot of work, but I got money anyways so it was all good.

I took out my iPod and grabbed my stress ball.

Squeezing it fiercely, I took a few deep breathes.

Thankfully, Summertime's End was magic at helping me cool down. But I still had to do something about Caleb.

What was he going to think?

I don't remember any time he was ever mad. Not even when I took his iPod.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Can I play your iPod?" I asked, hoping he'd say yes.

"Sure," he answered and I smiled.

I guessed his password and laughed when it turned out to be "Cale"

I mean, wouldn't you think of a way better password than your name?

Exploring his iPod, I went to his photos first. There was only a few, but they were cute.

But this particular one caught my eye. There was an adorable toddler sitting on a picnic bench and he was holding an apple.  He had a huge grin splattered on his face and he had the blondest hair I've ever seen.  So blonde, you could easily mistake it for white.

I took a closer look at it and started wondering who it was.

Could it be his little brother Seth?  Maybe, considering his little brother is the cutest thing alive.

I browsed through this notes and blinked when I saw one with a weird caption.

"Caleb! :D"

Sounded like a girl already.  Was I jealous?