you save her from getting hit by a car - part two (requested)

Jade clutched her knees to her chest in the uncomfortable chair in the waiting room. With tears in her eyes, she squeezed them tightly and tried to get rid of the terrible memory that continued to play in her mind.

"Jade?"

Three voices and fast footsteps caused her eyes to fly open. On her shaky knees, she tried to stand but they nearly gave out on her and she would've fallen to the ground, again, if Perrie hadn't been there to catch her.

She called them on the ambulance ride here. Through the blur of the tears and the anxiety, she knew she needed someone there to try to keep her calm until she heard some news.

The girls had rushed over as quickly as possible. Of course, they love and care about you very much and they were almost as worried as your girlfriend.

Almost.

Jade was feeling as though she couldn't breathe and her world was just crashing around her. She managed to sit back on her seat and the girls had their eyes on her, rubbing her back and trying to console her with comforting words; but in her anxious brain, they just fell onto deaf ears.

"I don't know what to do." She spoke and lowered her head before sniffling.

"Have you heard anything yet?" Leigh-Anne asked.

"No. The ride here was all a blur. I was holding her hand, squeezing it as tightly as I could, but... she didn't squeeze back. I only caught bits and pieces of everything they were saying. I felt sick and dizzy." She explained, fidgeting with her trembling fingers. "I think they said they're gonna have to operate but I don't know on what and I'm scared to find out."

"She's so strong, Jade," Jesy spoke comfortingly. "She saved your life."

"I don't," she paused, inhaling and exhaling shakily. "What if she doesn't make it? It would've been because she saved me and,"

"Stop!" Perrie said and squeezed her hand reassuringly. "You can't think like that. She's gonna be okay."

"How do you know?"

"Because she has to be." Leigh-Anne finished for Perrie, dropping her head onto Jade's shoulder as they all went silent.

Time dragged by. Every glance at the clock only filled Jade with even more sadness and anxiety. One hour had turned into two, two into three, and three into four. Somehow, Jade had managed to fall asleep for a few minutes with her head on Leigh-Anne's shoulder.

Only was it when she heard squeaky shoes on the floor, approaching her, that her eyes flew open. She looked to see a doctor coming toward her and she stood on her feet.

"Jade?"

"That's me!" She said quickly. "My girlfriend, y/n, s-she's okay, right?"

"She will be. She had to have some serious surgery. Broken ribs, broken leg,"

"But she'll be okay?" Jade asked again, a little more frantically this time. She didn't mean to interrupt. She wanted to know what had happened. But, more than anything, she needed to know that you'd make it through.

"Yes."

The girls all let out breaths of relief.

"She's gonna need time to recover, and lots of it."

Jade nodded her head slowly, staring at the floor with tears in her eyes once more.

"But, she's out of surgery, if you want to go see her."

Her head shot up and she quickly nodded.

"I'll lead you down the hall."

"I'll give you an update soon!" Jade yelled to the girls as she followed the doctor down the hall. Her feet were moving fast and if she knew where you were and how to get to you on her own she could've guaranteed that she'd be there by now with how fast her brain was racing and how quickly her feet wanted to carry her.

"She's right in here. She's still under, a bit. So she might not be responsive right away. But go right on in. I'll give you a few minutes. If you need anything, there's a button on the wall. Don't hesitate to press it."

Jade nodded her head and stepped inside when the doctor turned the handle. The sight she was met with almost brought her to her knees.

You laid in bed asleep, your leg in a cast and your shoulder in a sling. You had bandaged across your head, marks on your cheeks and arms from where you got scraped. Bruises on your body, your hair all a mess.

She took a seat in the chair by the bed and just in time since her legs were going out yet again. She reached for your hand and, instead of taking it into hers in case it was too painful, she laid hers over your own.

"Baby," she cried. "I don't know why you did what you did but... thank you for saving my life. I just wish it hadn't come at a cost like this. You're hurting so badly, baby. It breaks my heart to see. I was so worried about you, so scared that I was gonna lose you."

She laid her head on the bed and took a deep breath before continuing.

"That idiot that hit you, I promise we're gonna find them. They're not getting away with this. I won't let them, I swear it." '

You turned your face and a soft breath fell from your lips. Jade watched closely as your eyes slowly fluttered open.

"Jade?"

"Yeah, baby. I'm here! I'm right here!" She said, wiping the happy tear from her cheek.

A moment of silence went by of you blinking and trying to adjust to the white room and your surroundings before Jade spoke.

"You saved my life."

"I did." You spoke, a small smile appearing on your lips.

"Why? Y/n, look what happened to you."

"It's better me than you." You watched her eyes go soft and heard her swallow thickly. "I'd do it time and time again if it meant you being okay each time. I love you, I don't want anything or anyone to ever hurt you."

"I was so scared that I'd lose you."

"Never."

You reached for her hand, intertwining your fingers slowly.

"I'm never leaving your side. You're stuck with me for life."

She laughed and leaned forward to kiss your forehead lingeringly. "That's all I want." She breathed out against your skin and closed her eyes. She knows the road ahead is gonna be long and rough, but she'd be there to help you every step of the way and, at the end of the day, you're still gonna be right there by her side, and that's all she cared about.