you're afraid of losing her

You flipped through the pages of the magazine and read over every sentence this stranger had typed up about you. Dating Jade, you sadly do get a lot of hate but you always try to never let it outweigh the good. You always thought you could handle it. You tried to never let it get to you. And it seemed like it was getting better. You and Jade just celebrated your one year anniversary a couple weeks ago and the media and fans that weren't originally accepting or supportive seemed to be coming around now.

Or so you thought. Or maybe, you just hoped that was the case. Because looking at the magazine in your hands, this person who wrote this article seemed pretty keen to tear you down and get under your skin. You've developed thick skin, but it was getting thinner as you read over this. The article pointed out your biggest fears and flaws. The things that made you underestimate your worth. The things that Jade tells you she loves about you every single day. It made your confidence shrink and you suddenly didn't feel good enough.

You put it down next to you. You tried to close your eyes and blink away your tears but it was impossible. Whoever wrote that had succeeded in making you feel bad about yourself. You started to think about why Jade was with you. You felt like she was gonna find someone better than you. In time, she would. You thought it was only a matter of time.

Jade came upstairs, expecting to find you playing a game on your phone or to hear your laugh as you watched funny videos. But instead she saw you in tears and the sight made her heart break. "Baby?" She put her bag down on the floor and sat down next to you. She saw the magazine on the other side of you. She saw your name on the front. She saw that it was one of those ones that write total lies and make people feel bad about themselves, and she knew right then that you had been their next target.

"Don't you dare listen to them. Its all bullshit. Don't let it get to you." You leaned your head on her shoulder and continued to cry. "It's not that easy." You muttered and Jade nodded her head. She knew it wasn't easy. She knew it was hard to ignore, but she also knew that whatever they said was all lies, and she was determined to make sure you knew that too.

"Why are you with me?" You asked, the pain and fear evident in your voice. Jade wrapped her arm around you and pulled you in between her legs and against her chest. "Where do you want me to start?" She smiled, kissing your cheek softly. You turned your head and gave her those sad eyes and it quickly took the smile right off her face. "Because you're amazing. Because you're absolutely stunning. Because you make me happy. Because you make me a better person. Want me to keep going?" She offered and a small smile tugged at her lips when she heard you chuckle. It was weak and quiet, but it was there and she knew that was a great sign.

"I'm scared." You said quietly. Jade took your hand in hers and allowed you to play with her fingers. "Why baby?" She felt a tear hit her arm, a sad sign that you were crying again. "I'm scared that i'm gonna lose you. Someday. I'm scared that one day you're gonna find someone better than me, someone prettier and funnier. I don't wanna lose you."

Jade rested her chin on top of yours and wrapped her arms around your stomach. Her embrace was a little tight but it was loving and comforting. "That's not going to happen." She promised, kissing your cheek a couple times before kissing the top of your head. "How do you know?" She just smiled and looked down at you with a look of love in her eyes. "Because I love you. And I need you, more than I could ever describe. I need you because you make every bad day good and you understand me in a way that no one else does. I need you because I can't live without you. My heart beats for and because of you. I will never stop loving you, no matter what happens in life. I don't care what anyone else says about you. I know you better than anyone else does and I love you to the moon and back."

She tilted your chin up and planted a soft kiss to your lips. She breathed out a sigh of relief when she felt you smile against her mouth. It made her heart skip a beat. "I love you." She whispered and took the magazine from next to you. She tore it apart, every page and every single word that made you feel bad about yourself, before she tossed it in the garbage.

Her smile grew a little wider when you wrapped your arms around her and bury your face in her shirt. A smile was now on your face, replacing the frown and tears that were once there. "I love you too." Jade smile and pulled you closer. "I know, and I thank my lucky stars for that everyday."