she won't take off your hoodie

You hummed softly as you stepped out of the shower. You hugged the towel tighter around yourself as you wrapped it around your body. You didn't feel that cold when you got into the shower, but stepping out now you felt shivers rushing down your shoulder blades.

You dried off before you brought your shirt over your head. But you quickly realized that it wasn't enough to keep you warm. Your hoodie was just on the floor in the bedroom and your girlfriend was fast asleep, so you figured you'd simply tiptoe in there and get your hoodie.

But it was nowhere to be found. It wasn't where you left it last night, when you shrugged it off upon feeling hot in the middle of the night, between the covers and Jade's warm embrace.

It was just at the edge of the bed. It was right there.

Or, at least it was before you went to shower.

"Jade? Are you awake?" You asked as you made your way around the bed and over to her side.

Her eyes were closed but you could tell she wasn't asleep. Her eyelashes were fluttering quickly against her soft cheeks and you could see a smile tug at her lips when you laid your hand on hers.

You were about to tease her and ask her why she was pretending to be asleep when this is your day to spend together. But you looked down at her hand and noticed the sleeve of your white hoodie down to her wrists.

"Theif!" you gasped and pulled the blankets back.

Her eyes opened wide, both of you trying not to giggle as you looked from your hoodie o0n her body and back into her eyes.

"I knew it!" You teased and got on the bed to hover over her. "You stole my hoodie."

"I didn't steal it. It was on the floor and I was cold when I woke up."

You shook your head with a chuckle and looked from her pretty eyes and down to her thighs, where your hoodie ended. You tugged at the hem with a smile.

"You do look awfully cute."

Her eyes lit up before she closed them as you leaned in to kiss her.

"But I need it back." You mumbled against her lips, only for her to pull away and look at you in disbelief before shaking her head.

"No way. It's too cozy. It's soft and warm and it smells just like you. It makes me feel happy."

You sighed. You both knew you were gonna cave into letting her wear it for the day.

"I'm cold, too. What do I wear then?"

"Well, let's figure that out in a few minutes. For now," she paused and gently pushed you onto your back before she put her arm around you and brought you as close as she could. "Let me hold you."

You didn't want to say it, but her embrace was much better than that hoodie. When she holds you like this, she has access to your neck, and she didn't hesitate to kiss it lovingly. She breathed in the smell of your body wash that lingered on your skin and her fingers caressed your sides softly.

"Warm now?"

"Yeah." You mumbled.

"Good. I love you."

"I love you too, cutie." You said as you leaned in to kiss her head lovingly as she continued to hold you close and keep you warm.