is it time? (requested)

It didn't take long for Jade to sit up in bed. Despite the early hour, she was ready to get on her feet and rush you to the hospital if the time had finally come.

Your pained whimpers filled through the room and she could see the way you were sinking your teeth into your lower lip. She put her hand on your back. Her sudden touch surprised you at first but brought you comfort almost immediately.

"Y/N?" She spoke up after taking a moment to find her voice. "Is it time?"

You quickly nodded your head but as Jade went to climb out of bed, you quickly stopped her. "No, no. Jade, stay. Please." You whimpered. She could see the look of fear in your eyes. You'd never seemed more terrified or more fragile to her than you did in that moment. She watched you squeeze your eyes shut and you were just about to gnaw at your lip again but she squeezed your hand instead.

"Squeeze my hand, Y/N. It's alright." She cooed and brushed her thumb across your knuckles as you started to squeeze her hand. You didn't have to tell her that the pain was starting to get more intense, more unbearable than before, because she could see it in your eyes.

"How long has this been happening?"

"I don't know. Maybe fifteen minutes."

"Why didn't you wake me?" She sighed as she tucked a piece of your hair behind your ear.

"I was just about to. It wasn't bad at first but it's getting bad now." You explained to which Jade just nodded her head.

"I gotta let your hand go, baby. I need to change and get you to the hospital right now." She kissed your head and jumped out of bed. It broke her heart when she heard you plead for her to keep holding onto your hand; not because the pain was returning, but because you were getting anxious.

She threw on the first thing she saw which was a pair of her sweats and one of her favorite shirts. She threw on her shoes and grabbed her keys as well as both your wallets and phones. She was a little panicky as she looked around the room for the bag you had to take with you, only to remember that it was safely packed in the car.

You had thought ahead and put it there just a few days ago so you wouldn't have to worry about fussing over it when the day, or in this case - night, came.

Jade grabbed you a hoodie in case it was chilly outside. She then knelt on the floor in front of you and cupped your chin in her hand. "You ready?"

You shook your head and her eyes went wide. "What? Why not? We gotta go, Y/N. The baby is coming today, we need to get you to the hospital."

You nodded and inhaled shakily. "I'm just a little nervous. I feel sick."

"That's normal." She assured. "You're just feeling nervous, which I'm feeling the same. But we need to go. The baby is coming today!" She felt a little nervous when the words fell from her lips. It was already crystal clear that your little one would be arriving today, but the words falling from her lips made it all that much more real.

"We're a team. We do everything together. This isn't any different. We're gonna do this together. I'll be right by your side, no matter how scary it all is." She assured you as she squeezed your hand softly. "What do you say? Can we go have a baby now?"

"Yeah." You chuckled tearfully.

She helped you put your shoes on before taking your hand and guiding you downstairs to the car. She made sure you had everything before you took off.

The drive was not a fun one. It was filled with your groans and long, hard squeezes of your hand in hers. She cursed over every red light that she hit. The only moment she felt relieved was when the hospital sign came into sight.

"Here we are, baby. Stay put, I'll help you out." She said and she grabbed your bag from the backseat, stuffing all of your important things like your phones and the car keys inside. She helped you out of the car and let you lean on her as you walked slowly toward the hospital doors. You stopped a time or two along the way when you had no other choice to.

She kept her hand on your back when you stood in front of the nurse at the desk. "We're having a baby." She nodded to you, but there was really no need considering you were doubled over and gripping onto the countertop with a strong grip.

"Breathe, Y/N. It's gonna be just fine." She tried to comfort you but inside, she was starting to feel scared herself.

The nurse wheeled you down to a room and Jade helped you into the bed. The nurse handed her a gown for you to change into before nodding toward the hall. "I'll be right back in a second. I'll give you a minute to change before we get things going here."

Jade helped you out of your clothes and into the gown.

"Well, don't you look adorable." She smiled.

You huffed and blew a strand of hair that hung in your face away. "I feel very glamorous."

Jade giggled and kissed your head. She grabbed a hair tie from your bag and tied your hair back for you. "I still think you look beautiful."

You rolled your eyes making her laugh again. The door opened and the nurse walked back inside. She hooked you up to the iv and monitor. Jade moved the chair up closer to the bed so she could be as close to you as possible.

The pain returned, this time worse than ever before. you groaned and threw your head back. Eyes squeezed shut and your body tense, Jade couldn't do much other than to hold her hand out for you to squeeze.

"Thanks." You mumbled as you squeezed her hand tightly. "If I break your hand at all during these next several hours, I'm sorry."

She giggled and leaned forward to kiss your forehead. "You know I'd forgive you in a heartbeat."

"Can you come closer?"

She couldn't get much closer. There was only a tiny gap between her knees and the hospital bed. But for you, she did. "We're having a baby today."

You chuckled tearfully. "I'm so excited."

"So am I! I can hardly wait." She squealed. "You've got this, Y/N. I will be right here beside you the entire time." She promised as she kissed your head and breathed deeply. Your baby was really coming today, and she'd never felt more excited about anything ever before.