happy birthday (requested)

The sound of Jade's voice in your ear and the feeling of her shaking your arm to try to wake you up from your slumber.

You groaned as you opened your eyes to find that she'd turned the lamp on, lighting up the otherwise pitch-black room. It was only after four in the morning, which was much too early for you to be waking up at the start of your couple of days off.

"Jade? Why are you waking me up?"

"Because I need you to get ready to go." She answered and you furrowed your eyebrows in confusion.

"Go? Go where?"

"That's a surprise, baby." She smiled and playfully booped your nose.

She seemed to be awfully enthusiastic despite the time. She brushed a lock of hair behind your ear and kissed your forehead before dropping a pair of your sweats and one of her shirts on your lap.

You were already confused, but you only became even more confused when you saw the packed bags on the floor. She packed both your suitcase and hers, as well as filled a bag up with some things you'd need over the span of your unknown destination.

"Get dressed now, ask questions later. We have to be out the door in just a few minutes, so hurry up and get ready!" She said and gently shoved you a little closer to the bathroom, so you'd stop being so curious and focus on getting dressed and brushing your teeth.

You came out of the bathroom just a couple of minutes later. You handed her your toothbrush and toothpaste, which she quickly put away in one of the bags. She smiled when she looked back at you. Despite how tired you felt, you still took her breath away.

"Have I ever mentioned how cute you look in my clothes?" She asked before she gave you a little kiss on your lips, feeling her heart flutter when you smiled against her lips. "Come on, let's get going." She said and let you grab your phone before you both headed down the stairs and out to the car that was waiting for you both to drive off to the private plane she had waiting for you.

You almost fell asleep on her lap on the ride there. It was only your curiosity that kept you awake.

Even as you boarded the plane you were asking Jade question after question, begging for her to tell you.

"Please, Jade? I want to know. You woke me up at four in the morning, I think I deserve to know where we're going." You said as you folded your arms over your chest, pretending to be annoyed with her when you were just the opposite. "Just a hint?"

"Fine. A hint, because you'll never figure it out, anyways. It's the reason I had you grab a new bathing suit last week." She said and kissed your cheek as you took your seats.

"So it involves a beach?"

"Maybe." She replied and stared out the window as the plane took off.

You whined, too impatient and curious to wait any longer to find out.

"Look, baby, you'll find out very soon, okay? For now, you're exhausted, so lay your head back and close your eyes to try to sleep until we land."

"Fine." You grumbled and closed your heavy eyes, somehow managing to fall asleep despite how curious you felt.

A few hours later, you were awoken to Jade shaking you awake once more.

"Time to wake up. We've landed."

You opened your eyes and jumped up from your seat faster than ever before. Jade laughed and quickly took your hand as a couple of people began to unload your bags from the plane.

As soon as you stepped outside, you were in awe over what awaited you.

It was obvious, right off the bat, that you were on an island. With no one else around, you realized it was private.

While you struggled to find the words to say, Jade brought you into her arms and hugged you from behind. She planted a kiss on your neck and gently swayed you from side to side.

"Happy early birthday."

You turned to stare at her in shock and all she could do was giggle.

"Don't tell me that you thought I forgot."

"No! Of course, I didn't. I just never expected you to take me to a private island for my birthday. Jade, this is crazy! I can't ever repay you for this. I don't even know what to say!"

"Hush." She whispered and placed her finger over your lips. "There will be no repaying. There will only be happiness over these next three days. Your birthday is tomorrow and I wanted it to be special. I know you've been stressed and tired and working so hard with your job and I got some free time, so I wanted to do something nice for you."

Your smile was bigger and brighter than she'd ever seen it before and your eyes looked shiny, almost glistening with tears. But she knew they were ones of happiness. 

You looped your arms around her neck and hugged her tight.

"No one has ever done anything like this for me before. Thank you."

"No need to thank me. You mean everything to me, y/n. I'd do anything for you. I just want to see you smile. You deserve this so much."

You kissed her lips softly, wondering the entire time what you did to deserve her.

"I wonder what the house looks like." You spoke as you looked away from her and at the breathtaking home.

Jade picked you up in her arms, making you burst out laughing as she carried you up the stairs and into the house, where your belongings already waited for you.

"I can't believe this." You spoke, clearly in awe over the entire thing as you looked around. "It's beautiful."

"Just like you, my sweet girl," Jade said as she came up behind you and kissed your shoulder lovingly. "I love you."

"I love you too," you said, relishing in her sweet kisses as she continued to pepper them along your shoulder blade.

You knew this was going to be the best birthday you've ever had. Not just because of the obvious, but because you've got Jade right there to celebrate it and soak in all of these wonderful moments with, and you feel like the luckiest girl in the world to call her yours.