clowns (requested)

The girls were over for a movie night tonight. You and Jade were sitting on the couch cuddled up with each other while the girls sat on the floor.

The movie was supposed to be really scary, but to Jade, so far, it wasn't. "You scared?" You'd ask her teasingly only for her to shake her head and smile at you. But that all changed when suddenly a clown appeared on the screen.

Jade jumped, nearly making Jesy dump the bowl of popcorn that was on her lap when she heard the sound. "Jade? Are you okay?" You took her hand and gave it a little squeeze. you noticed that it was shaking in yours. "There's a clown? There wasn't supposed to be a clown in this movie." She muttered while trying to take a deep breath and slow down her racing heart.

No one knows she has a huge fear of clowns, not even you. It's something she keeps to herself because she's a little embarrassed about it. "We didn't know either. Are you okay?" Leigh-Anne asked as she rubbed Jade's knee. "Yeah, yeah, i'm good. Let's keep watching." She tried to play it off, but you could hear her voice trembling. "Are you sure?" You asked as you ran your thumb across her knuckles. She nodded and cracked a small fake smile.

She was on edge for the rest of the movie. The girls left soon after since it was late. "I'll be up to bed in a minute." You kissed her and walked to the kitchen. You expected for her to go up to bed but you felt her arm wrap around your waist a moment later. You poured yourself a glass of water and turned around to face her.

"You okay?" She nodded her head but you could tell that she was a little uneasy about something. "Honey were you afraid of the movie?" "What? No. I'm fine. I just wanna hold my girl, is there something wrong with that?" She asked as she started to kiss your cheek, her lips dragging towards your ear. "No. You just seem a little freaked out, that's all."

She shook her head and grabbed your glass of water. "Nope. I'm good. Now come on. Let's go to bed." She smiled and took your hand in her free one to lead you upstairs.

You were completely exhausted so you fell asleep pretty quickly and it left Jade awake by herself for a few minutes. Every noise freaked her out. The sound of a branch cracking outside the window or the house creaking from time to time. Everything scared her and made her feel like at any second, a clown was gonna be there next to her.

It took her a little while to fall asleep. She'd close her eyes only to open them a few seconds later when she felt like something was staring at her. But eventually sleep was overriding her fears and she managed to fall asleep.

But it was only about an hour after that when you woke up to the sound of her whimpering and saying 'no' quietly under her breath. "No. Please." She kept mumbling as she started to toss and turn. Her leg kicked yours making you sit up in bed. You realized that she was having a nightmare and you started to panic a little.

"Jade? Baby wake up. Come on honey, you're having a bad dream. You gotta wake up for me." You rubbed her shoulder and eventually she woke up. She sat up and was gasping for air. Sweat was rolling down her skin and when she realized what was happening she reached out for you. "Y/n? Y/n!" She thought you were still sleeping so she felt so relieved when your hand gently took hers and you placed a few soft kisses to it.

"I'm right here. You okay?" She shook her head and started to cry. You took her in your arms and rubbed her back. "It's okay, i'm here. You're safe baby. It was just a bad dream." She was sobbing against your chest, her hands clutching your shirt so tight you thought it might rip. "You're okay Jade. I've got you. I'm right here."

It took her a few minutes but she started to calm down. Her sobs started to quiet down and she loosened her grip on your shirt and eventually let go, reaching for your hand instead. "Wanna tell me what happened?" She took a few deep breaths and nodded her head. "The clowns. I had a really bad dream about them. They were everywhere and they wouldn't let me go-" She was starting to panic a little, her voice beginning to tremble as her hand gripped yours a little tighter. "Shh. It's okay. It's not real baby, it was just a bad dream. It's over and you're safe."

She lifted her head from your shoulder and stroked your cheek softly. "Okay. Will you hold me for a while?" You chuckled and rubbed her back. "Of course I will. I won't let you go." She buried her face in your neck and closed her eyes. With all the comfort you were bringing her she was starting to feel a little sleepy again.

She was afraid that the nightmare might come back though. You could tell she was trying to fight sleep so you kissed her head a few times and lightly ran your nails along her skin. She hummed against your neck making you smile. "It's okay, i've got you. you can go back to sleep. I'll be right here with you the whole time. You're safe, I promise."

She sighed and soon fell back asleep, feeling safe and secure in your arms. The horrible nightmare never came back because she felt so safe in your embrace and she knew that with you by her side, nothing could ever hurt her.