she wakes up and you're not there

Feeling a little cold, Jade went to roll into the comfort of your embrace. Only, when she rolled over, all she felt were your pillows in your place and the sheets where you lay.

Her eyes opened and she quickly sat up.

"Y/n??" She called out as loud as her scratchy voice would allow. She was still half-asleep, although she was quickly waking up as she began to worry about where you'd be. Though the bathroom door was open a crack and the light was off, she still checked in there first.

But when she flipped the light on and blinked a few times to adjust to the brightness, she noticed it was empty.

"Y/n? Where are you?" She called out, this time a little louder than before. She walked out of the bedroom and started to make her way down the hall. It was dark, the lights were still off. But as she crept closer to the stairs, she could hear voices coming from the living room.

She froze on her feet, only five stairs down when she saw the glow of the tv. It lit up the dark room and allowed for her to see you curled up on the sofa. You were laughing quietly, trying to keep your voice down so you wouldn't wake Jade; unaware that the lack of your warm embrace was bound to wake her at one point or another.

The last step creaked under her feet, making your gaze shift from the movie to Jade in only a split second.

"Jade?" You mumbled and paused the film, watching her with every step she took to get closer to you. "What are you doing awake?"

"Pretty sure I can ask you the same thing." She retorted as she fell down beside you and put her head back against the back of the sofa. "It's almost five in the morning. Why on earth are you awake at this hour? You're never up this early unless you have to be and neither of us has to be anywhere today."

"I know. I just woke up and couldn't get back to sleep so i came down here to watch a movie to occupy myself. Why are you awake?"

"I got cold and tried to roll into your arms but you weren't there. You should've known that I'd wake up sooner or later and worry about where you'd be."

You nodded and scooted closer to her so you could lay your head on her shoulder. "I know. I'm sorry."

"Don't be. It's okay. Everyone has a rough night from time to time. Look at the bright side! We've got nothing to do so if you fall asleep in a few hours or you sleep in because you fall asleep later, you can do so. And, even better, we get to be together right here, right now."

"That's a great away to look at it." You said with a small smile as you stared up at her. Her lips touched yours, pulling you in for a few soft and sweet kisses. "I love you so much, Jade."

"Love you more." She whispered in your ear, laying a little kiss to the shell before brushing her fingertips along your shoulders. "What are we watching?"

"Parasite."

She grinned and laid her head onto yours. Her lips brushed against your head on occasion as you watched the fantastic film together. Only when it neared the end and the sun began to rise did your eyes slip shut, and you found yourself falling asleep in Jade's arms with her head on yours.