first ultrasound (requested)

"I'm so excited!" Jade squealed as you made yourself comfortable on the bed in the exam room then took ahold of her hand. "We actually get to see our baby today, for the very first time!"

You giggled at her uncontainable excitement. You're feeling pretty excited yourself. However, between how sick you feel and how tired you are, it's hard to let it show sometimes.

You heard a knock on the door before it opened and your doctor walked inside. "Hello, hello. Excited to see your baby for the first time today?"

You both nodded and you raised your shirt up to allow the doctor to squirt some of the gel onto your stomach. It didn't take long at all to see what you've been waiting to see for so long.

"There we go. There's your baby!"

You covered your mouth with your hand as a tearful chuckle fell from your lips. You felt Jade kiss your temple as you both stared at the tiny shape on the screen. It was so small, only the size of a pea, but it was beautiful nevertheless.

"Wow..." Jade mumbled in amazement, so mesmerized she couldn't look away if she tried. Ever since you told her that you were pregnant, she's anticipated this day. But it was more surreal and more beautiful than she could have ever imagined.

She felt you squeeze her hand and she looked down at you with tears in her eyes. "Y/N... that's our baby." She smoothed your hair back and laid a kiss to your forehead before the doctor spoke up.

"And your baby is absolutely perfect. Everything is going just as it should be right now." She said then looked at the two of you. "I never hear no to this question, but would you like to hear the heartbeat?"

"Yes!" You both said at the same time, clutching each other's hands tighter than ever.

"That's beautiful. Think I might record it and set it as my ringtone." She laughed making you do the same before leaning in to give you a soft kiss. She looked back at the doctor, clearing her throat to get her attention. "We haven't told anyone yet so could we get some pictures? Like lots and lots of pictures?"

The doctor just laughed. "Absolutely! Just so you know, judging by everything I'm seeing, I'd say you have a march baby on your hands." She smiled and you just squealed in response. "I'll be right back with your pictures. I'll let you listen for another minute."

You were on cloud nine. It was all so overwhelming, but in a beautiful way. "Even though I feel like crap somedays and I know that the next few months won't be easy either... as I look at it, it already feels so worthwhile."

Jade's eyes were brighter than you've ever seen before. She kissed your forehead, lips lingering for just a moment as you both closed your eyes and soaked in the beautiful sound before she trailed her lips to yours, giving you two loving kisses. "I'm so in love with you. Thank you for everything. You're gonna be the most amazing mother."

"So will you." You mumbled back to her, head falling to her shoulder as you both thanked your lucky stars to be here in this moment together. Your dream of starting a family together was finally coming true and neither of you could be more excited!