she shows up on your wedding day (requested)

This was it; the first day of the rest of your life. The day where an old chapter ends and a new one begins as you stand at the altar and say 'I do' to the woman of your dreams.

You've been anticipating the day. You've had a moment or two of cold feet. But you wanted to do this. You love your fiancée with all of your heart and you were almost certain that nothing could ever change your mind about your wedding.

That was, however, until you walked through the doors and took a good look around to make sure everything was starting to look perfect. It was crazy to think that in only a few hours, you'll be walking down the aisle to your soon-to-be wife. It was a little nerve-wracking, but also very exciting!

You felt a tap on your shoulder and jumped at the touch. Turning around, you saw the receptionist of the hall standing behind you.

"I'm sorry to bother you, but there's someone out front here to see you. Says her name is Jade Thirlwall."

Your breath hitched at the mention of her name. It's been so long since you last saw Jade. You've only talked here and there since your breakup a couple of years ago.

It didn't end messily, but truth be told you still loved her at the time of your breakup. It was the distance that ruined your relationship.

But why did you feel butterflies in your chest at the mention of her name and her standing just outside... for you?

You shook it off and thanked the kind lady before walking out the door. You saw Jade from across the room and saw her holding your favorite flower in her hand.

"Jade?" You spoke as you walked to her and for some reason, your heart skipped a beat when she sent you her dazzling smile.

"Hey!" She said and tried to hide the shakiness in her voice. "Congratulations! I'm happy for you and..."

She paused, trying to remember your fiancée's name.

"Sara,"

"Right. Yeah, her." She chuckled. "I don't know if it's appropriate and all but I brought you a flower. Nothing deep behind it, just as a congratulations gift." She fibbed and handed you the flower.

Still, after all this time, she knows it's your favorite. She still has these things memorized about you. She still knows your loves and the things you strongly dislike. Because after all these years, you still run through her mind.

"Thanks, Jade. It's so pretty."

She wanted to say the same about you, but she held herself back. She knew it wasn't the time. There'd never be a time for that anymore now that you were getting married... to someone that isn't her.

"Place looks beautiful."

"Thanks. Yeah, we worked hard on it. Wanted to make it everything we've both dreamt of."

She nodded and bit on her lip.

"It's kinda funny..."

You raised your eyebrow and looked over at her as she continued to speak.

"I can't remember the last time I went to a wedding. Or when I dreamt of hearing wedding bells. I used to think about it with you but I don't think it's anything I want anymore."

You frowned and tried to ignore the lump in your throat.

You couldn't do this much longer. Those butterflies, the joy you get from hearing her laugh or seeing her smile, the love you have for her was all coming back the more time you spent with her.

"Anyways," she chuckled through her tears, blinking them away as a stab came through her heart from the sound of your fiancée's voice from down the hall, calling out your name.

"Y/N! There you are!" Your fiancée giggled and kissed your cheek softly before glancing at Jade. "Who's this, baby?"

You went to introduce them, but Jade couldn't do it.

"Oh, actually, I'd love to stay but I really need to go. I have plans with the girls in the studio. Can't miss them." She excused herself and went to walk away, refusing to tell you that she'd actually be at home eating comfort food and trying to be happy for you.

Before she got too far away, she heard Sara say,

"You should invite her tonight, babe!"

You looked at Jade and watched her walk away before shaking your head. You were struggling to keep it together now, you can't even imagine how you'd feel if she was in the crowd of family and friends.

"No. It's okay, she's got plans."

Sara just nodded and tugged at your hand to drag you back into the room where the wedding would take place.

"Just think, y/n. Soon, we'll be standing up there, saying our vows and promising to spend forever together. I'm excited!"

You forced a smile and nodded in agreement. Because this was the best day of your life; the first day of the rest of your life by her side and you were immensely happy about that... right?