waking her with kisses

You let out a groan when the sun hit your eyes. Used to sleeping alone, you rolled over in bed and expected to roll into Jade's spot, but instead bumped into her warm body. She let out a couple of soft sounds and you opened your eyes right away and a rush of happiness came over you when you saw her lying beside you.

Finally, after three months away, she's returned home once again. The bed feels warmer with her laying beside you and you feel much more content knowing that she held onto you for most of the night.

She was facing you but was still sound asleep. Soft breaths feel from her kissable lips. One of her hands rested near her cheek, which rested on her pillow. She felt warm, proving an immeasurable amount of comfort that you've been wanting and needing from the moment she left.

You know she's tired. She and the girls poured their hearts out on stage night after night for three months and though they had a few days off here and there, you never found a chunk of time in her schedule, or your own, that allowed you to see her and you've missed her like crazy.

You couldn't help but brush back a lock of her hair behind her ear. Your finger accidentally brushed against her cheek and she cracked a smile at your touch, though she was still asleep. Her chest was rising and falling steadily and you couldn't resist laying your head on it.

Looking up at her, your heart felt like it could just burst right out of your chest. The love you hold for her is indescribable; unconditional. And now that she's home, you just wanna spend every minute with her. You want to lounge around in her arms and kiss her face and tell her how much she truly means to you.

True, distance always makes the heart grow fonder. Only yours is swelling with such love and happiness that you thought it'd just burst.

You couldn't resist the urge to kiss her cheek. You stroked it lovingly after pulling away and her skin felt so warm and so soft against your palm.

You continued to give her little kisses; peppering them from her cheeks to her jaw and to her neck. She stirred at the feeling and when you looked up at her, you found her gazing down at you with a sleepy smile as you continued to kiss her neck.

"Good morning." You smiled. "I'm sorry I woke you. I didn't mean to. I just couldn't help myself. I've missed you."

She closed her eyes and shook her head. She tilted it back as your lips brushed against her throat and chuckled at the feeling. "It's okay, my love." She whispered and pulled you into her arms. The giggle that fell from your lips warmed her heart.

You laid on her, chest against her own as your lips continued to trail along her skin.

"You don't mind? I know you've gotta be sleepy."

"I am." She mumbled in response but gazed down at you with stars in her eyes and a beautiful smile on her face. "But I've missed you. Waking me up like this, with the softest and sweetest kisses, means the world to me. I might be tired but I'm okay with waking up right now if it means spending time with you like I've been waiting for since I left your side."

Her words made your eyes light up. She closed her eyes as a blissful feeling washed over her as you trailed kisses from her jaw and up to her lips, where you brought her in for a loving kiss.

"I love you. I'm so happy to be home with my girl again."

"I'm happy you're home." You said, dropping your forehead against her own. "I love you too."

"Do me a favor?" She asked.

"Anything, baby." You said as you kissed across her face.

"Wake me up like this from now on."

You giggled and moved to steal a few more kisses from her lips.

"Happily."