she shows up on your wedding day - part two (requested)

The hours remaining until you and Sara tied the knot flew by fast and with every minute that went by, you found the excitement you once felt about your wedding day with her quickly dwindle.

You tried to pull yourself together, telling yourself that it was too late to turn back now. It was your big day and you've been waiting for it to come around.

Now that you're standing in the little dressing room, where you were staring at your reflection in the mirror in the beautiful white dress you picked out for today.

You felt beautiful. Your best friends gushed, complimenting you left and right, unaware of the war going on inside your mind.

"You look so beautiful, y/n," one of them gushed and hugged you tightly before your other friends joined in on the hug.

You put on a smile. You didn't want to let them, your bridesmaids and best friends, as well as Sara and the guests in attendance down.

"Come on. Your soon-to-be wife is waiting for you."

Usually, you'd blush at the mention of Sara becoming your wife. But for some reason, today you were forcefully smiling. It wasn't coming naturally, much to your dismay.

They tugged at your hand and helped you put your veil on before they entered the room. The doors opened wide, everyone stood on their feet and looked toward the doorway to watch you come inside.

You pulled your veil down as the music started. Walking through the doors, you were met with gasps and a teary-eyed Sara at the alter, nearly in tears as she stared at you and practically saw her dreams coming true right in front of her eyes with every step you took.

"You look stunning." She spoke and took your hand when you were close enough to her. Your hands shook as hers intertwined with yours, but not for the reasons she thought.

You stared at her, taking every piece of her beauty in. She looked even prettier than you thought she would. But that didn't surprise you; she's just so lovely.

But despite the beauty in front of you and the love you have for her, you couldn't help but notice the disappointment you felt as you looked between her and the crowd of family and friends who were teary-eyed from the beautiful moments and love taking place right in front of their eyes.

"Y/N?" Sara spoke and brushed your thumb across your knuckles to get your attention.

"Yeah? What?" You asked in confusion as you gazed back at her. You'd been in your own head, daydreaming about Jade, completely unaware that she was saying her vows.

"The vows. Your vows. I just finished mine. Are you gonna say yours?"

You swallowed thickly, trying desperately to ignore the way your heart sank deeper and deeper in your chest as it all became more and more real.

"Oh, right," you mumbled and racked your brain in an attempt to remember the words. "Sara," you said as you squeezed her hands. "I love you..."

You paused, watching her smile grow.

"I..." you stopped and shook your head. "I love you, a lot, but... I can't do this."

Her eyes went wide, the room filled with gasps and chatted from everyone in attendance.

"What?!" She mumbled, becoming shocked and angry.

"I'm sorry. I just can't."

You rushed off the alter and tried to ignore all the commotion and eyes on you as ran out. Sara chased after you, meeting you outside the doors where you both stared at each other tearfully.