all that matters (requested)

You stared down at your little girl in your arms. At only five weeks old, your daughter Sophie was fragile but oh so beautiful. You're mesmerized every time you look at her, finding yourself falling even more in love with how small and sweet she is.

You sat on the couch and kept her close to your chest while Jade showed the new babysitter around. It's not something you really felt you were ready for, but you and Jade were in need of an evening spent together, even for only an hour or two, and your original plans of a close friend watching Sophie fell through when she got stuck at a meeting she couldn't get out of.

So, you settled on this new babysitter - Olivia. She wasn't all that bad. She seemed nice and she seemed to be really great with your little girl. But there was something off-putting about her to you. You really couldn't place your finger on what it was, but you knew it was something.

But you decided to let it go since you needed a babysitter and you trusted her enough to take care of Sophie.

Your thoughts were interrupted by your little girl beginning to cry. Looking at the clock, you saw it was about time for her to eat. You carefully stood up and held her close, letting her forehead fall to your chest ever so gently. You went into the kitchen and what you saw took you by surprise.

Jade had heard the cries of your daughter and was preparing everything she needed for you. But Olivia was acting off. Her gaze was focused on Jade or, more so, her backside. You cleared your throat and they both turned to you. The girl gave you a fake smile and a really displeased one at that.

"Hey! There are my beautiful girls." Jade smiled and came over to you. She gave you a quick kiss and asked you how you were doing before taking the baby into her arms.

"She's such a good mom." Olivia complimented and Jade just chuckled and began to feed Sophie, all attention devoted to her. "She's beautiful. She looks just like you, Jade. Absolutely perfect."

Your patience seems to run thin these days and you don't have the ability to bite your tongue when it comes to these types of people. Your family has become the most important thing in the world and you don't like the way she's looking and talking to your girlfriend and the mother of your child.

"Jade? Can we talk for a minute?"

"Yeah, baby girl. Of course. What do you want to talk about?" She asked and began to pat Sophie's back, but you only nodded toward the stairs.

"In private. It's important."

She nodded and carefully stood before following you up the stairs to your room.

"What's going on? Are you okay?"

"I'm fine." You said, but you knew by the look in her eyes that she didn't believe you. "Okay, I'm not. I really don't think we made the right choice with Olivia."

"Oh? Why?"

"She's... weird. She has a thing for you."

"What?" Jade laughed but only quietly, so she wouldn't wake the sleepy baby in her arms.

"Oh don't tell me you haven't noticed. She compliments you but never me. She practically told you that you were perfect when she said Sophie looks like you. She was staring at you when I walked into the room. She looks at you in a way that she shouldn't. Like a look of desire. She has a thing for you!"

"Calm down, y/n," Jade whispered softly. "It's only temporary. But if you still feel the same way tonight, we'll take Sophie with us and tell her to go."

"Promise?"

"I promise you and you know that I never break my promises to you."

"I know." You smiled and melted as she kissed your lips lovingly. "I think I'm gonna take a shower. Do you mind if I do that?"

"Not at all. I'm gonna lay Sophie down, she's sound asleep. You take your time. I promise that everything will be just fine. Don't doubt me now, okay?"

"Never." You promised and kissed her lips once more before you dragged your feet into the bathroom.

Jade went into the next room to lay Sophie down. With a kiss on her head and a soft 'I love you lots' in her tiny ear, she took a moment to admire how precious she looked before tiptoeing out the door and down the stairs.

Olivia was on her phone but when Jade appeared in the room her attention immediately shifted onto her. Jade went to the dishwasher. It was full of dishes and she needed to do a little something to take her mind off of her possibly growing worries. She never doubts you, especially since she has a new respect and love for you since you brought your little angel into the world. But she was beginning to wonder if maybe this babysitter wasn't such a good idea after all. She was having second thoughts.

Suddenly, Olivia appeared behind her and made Jade aware of her presence by clearing her throat.

"Oh! Olivia, don't do that." She said as she was startled by her creeping up behind her.

"You can call me Liv..." She spoke. "All my friends do." Her fingers suddenly crept onto Jade's exposed skin of her back and she pushed Olivia away at the touch right away.

"I'm good. Olivia is fine. It's more professional." She spoke sternly, hoping she'd take the hint. But she only chuckled and reached to grab Jade's butt when she bent down to grab a plate from the rack.

"Hey!" She yelled sternly.

"Shh," Olivia spoke as she glanced at the stairs and back at Jade. "We don't want y/n to hear."

"I wouldn't mind if she did," Jade said, clenching her teeth. "You realize you've been here for not even four hours and you've already crossed so many lines that I'm already having to fire you."

"Why?"

"Because you make my girlfriend uncomfortable and you're touching me and crossing far too many lines. Leave."

"But-"

"Out of my house, now!" Jade yelled, a little louder than she intended to. And the cries from your little girl followed. But Jade was just happy to see Olivia walk out the door with her things in her hand and no plans to return. She locked the door just to be safe and then started to climb the stairs quickly.

But the cries quieted down and she saw you standing in your towel with Sophie in your arms.

"Sorry that I woke her," Jade said as she came behind you and kissed your damp shoulder.

"What happened?"

"I fired Olivia."

"Really?" You raised your eyebrow and felt a little relief.

"Yeah. She was being inappropriate and she made us uncomfortable. She had no need to be here anymore."

You leaned back in her arms and stared down at the precious baby in your arms.

"Thank you."

"You come first. Both of you. You're all that matters to me now. And maybe it's not such a bad thing. We'll just bring her along with us tonight for dinner."

"I didn't want to leave her behind anyways. I love spending time with you but I like it when it's three of us even more." You confessed and kissed Sophie's head softly.

"Me too, my love. I love you both with all of my heart." She said as she stared at you and Sophie adoringly, knowing then that there wasn't anything that she wouldn't do for her beautiful little family.