you're the one that I love (requested)

You stared across the table at Jade, watching as she flipped through the pages of the menu.

You finished looking through yours a moment ago, already certain of what you wanted to eat. Now, you're occupying yourself with relishing in the beauty that is your beautiful girlfriend.

You're treating her to dinner tonight.

She likes to do that for you quite often but after the long week she's had, you wanted to treat her like the queen she is by spoiling her.

You're at her favorite spot and you told her she could get anything her heart desired. You just want to see her smile and relax after a stressful few days.

She put her menu down and stared at you, grinning from ear to ear upon realizing that you'd been staring at her already.

"It's not polite to stare." She joked.

"So? I can't help but stare when I get to call you, the most beautiful girl in the world, all mine."

She giggled over that and got ready to respond when, suddenly, a voice appeared from beside you.

At first, you thought it was the waitress.

But it wasn't.

In fact, it was someone you didn't want to see.

"Jade?" The person spoke excitedly and when you heard the name slip from Jade's lips in response, your heart dropped.

It was heer ex.

From what you've heard, she wasn't bad. That's why you didn't want to meet her - because she was the complete opposite.

As you turned your head to look at her face to face for the first time ever, you were amazed by how breathtaking she was.

And you feared it wasn't just you that thought that. Because Jade was biting her lip as she stared into her ex's eyes, beyond excited to see her after so long.

It made you a little jealous to see your girlfriend staring at another girl but it didn't take long for that jealousy to fade and become replaced with a feeling of insecurity. Intense insecurity.

This girl was stunning. She had a body to die for, the prettiest smile, and as you listened to them talk and laugh together, you couldn't help but wonder why Jade would ever let her go.

If she could let go of someone like that, would she let go of you someday too? You felt as though you didn't compare to this girl, not even in the slightest, and it made your insecurities grow.

You wondered if you were good enough for Jade. You haven't even been properly introduced and yet, you felt as though she seemed more of a better fit for Jade than you.

"Oh! I totally forgot - this is my girlfriend, y/n!" Jade gleefully said as she turned to look at you.

Her ex's gaze followed and she held her hand out for you to shake, which you hesitantly did.

"Well, it was nice catching up! Let me give you my number real quick. We'll catch up over dinner sometime!"

Jade nodded and handed her ex her phone so she could enter her number before she walked away.

"See you soon!"

"Bye!" Jade grinned and waved goodbye. "Wow, I didn't expect to see her here! Isn't she nice?"

"Yeah. She's... perfect." You mumbled and Jade frowned over how down you suddenly seemed to be.

"Y/N? What's wrong?"

"Why'd you break up with her? She seems so amazing. So much better than me."

"She's not better than you. No one is." Jade grinned. "Babe, we broke up because we just didn't fit as a couple anymore. We didn't want the same things in life and things just weren't working out as they once did. We had to go our own ways. We ended on good terms but lost touch."

You just nodded wordlessly.

"Y/N, you are the only one in this world that I want. Don't feel insecure. You're the one I love and the only one that I want."

"Really?"

"Yeah. I've never been happier. You're the one I'm meant to spend my life with. I plan on putting a ring on it soon."

She took a few sips from her water after casually dropping that while you almost choked on yours and stared at her with big eyes.

"You are?"

"Of course. Because you're the love of my life."

"I feel the same about you."

"Then know that I'm all yours. No one and nothing will ever change that." She assured you as she took your hand into hers from across the table. "I love you so much."

"I love you too." You said and grinned from ear to ear as she kissed your hand while your heart leaped from the excitement you felt over your bright future with her.