you're pregnant (requested)

You groaned and rested your forehead on the seat of the toilet, wishing the nausea would stop.

You've been feeling like this for the past week or so. You've been so sick you could barely get out of bed and it's starting to worry you.

You flushed the toilet and leaned your head against the wall. Your mind started to race with thoughts of what it is that you had. Thinking it could be your period, you went out of the bathroom to grab your phone and check when you were due... only to find that it was late.

You gnawed at your lip, wondering if maybe, after trying a couple of different options over the last few months, you could be pregnant.

You went back into the bathroom and grabbed one of the tests from the cabinet. You opened the box and did what the instructions said before putting the test on the sink. You set a timer on your phone before you started to pace the room anxiously.

You tried not to get your hopes up just in case it were to come back negative, but it was so hard not to, especially when this is all you and Jade have been wanting for the longest time now.

The beeping from your phone made you stop pacing and chewing on your nails. You turned it off and took a deep breath before you picked up the test, and tears instantly welled up in your eyes when you read that it was positive.

You let out a sob and started to envision the future with your little bundle of joy. But the moment was interrupted by the sound of Jade's voice as she approached the bedroom.

You didn't even bother to hide the test or dry your tears. You knew she'd be over the moon about this, so there was no point in delaying telling her.

"There you are, y/n! I was looking for you-" She froze in the doorway when she saw the test in your hand. She knew what it was, you've already taken quite a few of them before, after all.

"Is it...?" You nodded with tears in your eyes and handed it to her to let her read it herself. "You're pregnant?"

"Yeah," she pulled you into her arms and held you closer than she ever has before. "I'm pregnant Jade!" You could feel her tears hit your neck as you both cried happy tears.

"This is the best moment of my life! This is just amazing. I love you," She pecked your forehead, trailing her lips down your face before kneeling on the floor in front of you and gently setting her forehead on your stomach.

"We're gonna be the best parents. I can't wait." She smiled through her tears, looking happier than you've ever seen her look before. "I love them so much already," she murmured. She knew it was early but she still had to make it known.

She was gonna be the best mom, you could tell. Your baby was gonna be the luckiest child, so loved and so spoiled. And you couldn't wait for the journey ahead.