Chapter Forty-Eight: The Hard Truth

Mulai dari awal

"But you guys don't even need wands," Neville was confused.

"We know, but without wands, your ministry will think we are helpless kids," Harry said. "And even with all the proof that Olivia gave them after our first year, they will try and control me as they tried back then. They will try to place me back with those horrible mundanes that they had me with after my birth parents were first murdered."

"If they try that, we might have no choice but to fight back," Krinos crossed his arms. "We will do anything to protect our family. As anyone should do. Family of blood or family that is chosen, one should always do everything they can to protect it."

"Our amulets are magical, but we can only do so much that we can fake as amulet magic," Melody said. "The politicians in the country are stupid, but not even they can be that stupid if proof is literally right in front of their eyes."

"And even if they are, we are not risking our lives on 'if," Harry crosses his arms as well.

"I may live here, but even I know that I will be leaving before I am found out," Luna sounded serious even with her dreamy tone. "I am not ashamed of being British, but I am ashamed of our British magical leaders."

"I think we all are," Fred agreed.

"Especially with how they treat our dad," George said.

"Um... nothing against your dad, but I know for a fact that he has been offered better positions," Cedric says. "My dad even offered to make him his deputy department head since he does have the right as the head of his department. Your father refuses all offers."

"We love our dad, but he needs to stop being so obsessed with muggles," Percy sighed. "We get that he wants to work around something he loves, but he needs to focus more on the family as a whole and not just what he wants. Bill and Charlie send us money from their jobs because of how little that dad is paid. Any other position he is offered has to be worth more than the minimum wage Misuse of Muggle Artifacts department."

"And if anything, mundanes should simply be kept away from magic as much as possible," Krinos says. "If magic was ever exposed, they'd massacre us."

"Humans fear what they do not understand," Melody says. "And what they fear, they try to destroy. It's usually their first reaction. Which is why most first-generation mages are abused by their families. Because they have gifts that they do not understand."

"So you guys want to leave after you finish your OWLs," Percy summed up what they were talking about.

They all nodded.

"We don't want to leave you guys, but this country is just getting too dangerous for us," Harry said. "Just look at last year. Krinos got petrified, Melody and I had to face a seventy-foot-long basilisk, and all three of us were attacked by giant spiders. We may constantly be at war with demons, but somehow this school puts us more in danger than actual beings of the Underworld have."

"There are many things we are willing to do, but purposely risk our lives and our people by staying here is not one of them," Melody says. "Plenty of mystic souls have met their end in this country because they were terrified of our powers."

"We can't stay here," Krinos agreed with his siblings. "We would never have agreed to be here in the first place if it wasn't for Harry's legacy as a Potter. I have felt so much terror and pain since coming here."

"Yeah, me too," Harry said.

The brothers rubbed their upper arms, which was a nervous twitch that Gardna's shared like their hair and eyes. They would rub their upper arms whenever they were nervous or were experiencing a lot of stress. While they were all usually tough as nails, there were some things that even their amount of power could not help ease their minds. And that was the amount of horror that the British magical community inflicted upon non-wand-users.