Chapter 12

It was a wintery Saturday and the middle of our winter break, just a few days after Christmas. I gathered my thoughts, I had two hours to get ready for this fucking gala. I was nervous and had no idea what I was going to wear. The only thing I had in my closet was a long black backless Vera Wang dress I wore to homecoming two years ago. I hope it still fits. I pulled the dress out, unzipping the garment bag. I grabbed my black Vera Wang peep toes to match. I laid the dress out on my bed, throwing the shoes by my door. I quickly did my makeup, using the curling iron for more defined curls. I looked in the mirror, standing almost naked in a lace black thong and black lace bra. I frowned, pinching at the small belly roll I had. I grabbed the dress from my bed, pulling it up over my large breasts; tugging the straps over my shoulders. It was a little tighter, but it fit perfectly. I smiled, as I looked in the mirror. I twisted to make sure my ass still looked okay with it dropping so low. I grabbed my sparkled black clutch, throwing my keys and wallet in it. I smoothed a soft brown gloss on my lips, making a pouting face. My phone chimed, as I giggled at myself.

Alex: Pulling up in 5 mins

Aubrey: Okay :D

Fuck, have to be as ready as I'll ever be. I winked at myself in the mirror, before grabbing my thin black shawl and shoes. I hurriedly walked down the stairs, checking myself once more in the foyer mirror. My mom was yelling at someone on the phone in her office. Steve was sitting at the table playing a game on his phone, eating a bowl of cereal. He looked up from his phone, as I slipped on my pumps.

"Well Damn! You look amazing, where are you going?" He said excitedly.

"The Walsh's are hosting a charity gala, Alex actually invited me this year." I said, smiling.

"They are going to love you! You look so poised and sophisticated, like Audrey Hepburn." He said, taking a heaping bite of his cereal.

"Thanks, Steve." I said, walking over to him kissing the top of his head. My brother might be a few years younger than me, but he was always a gentleman. I peered through the glass in the door, as my phone chimed. Alex pulled up, hopping out of the truck. I opened the door, stepping outside. Alex was wearing a black suit, with black shirt and white tie. I bit my lip, pulling the shawl over my shoulders.

"Wow." He said, in astonishment. I blushed, tucking my curls behind my ear, as he walked up to me. He caressed my cheek with the back of his hand; slowly untucking my curls from my ear. "You look absolutely beautiful." He whispered in my ear, kissing my cheek. I blushed again, carefully walking down my driveway. I took another step, slipping forward a little. Alex grabbed my arm, tucking me into his chest.

"Thanks." I giggled, standing up straight again. He laughed holding my hand to walk me to his truck.

"Those heels are a little high huh?" He said, laughing as he opened my door. I rolled my eyes, stepping cautiously on the foot board. He guided me up, squeezing my ass as I hopped in the passenger seat. I giggled, as he shut my door, walking to the driver's side. He hopped up in the driver seat, putting his truck into drive. He pulled out, heading towards the highway.

When we reached the banquet hall, an hour away from town. Alex dropped me off at the entrance, before going to park the truck. I stood on the sidewalk, wrapping my shawl around my shoulders. Alex walked up a few minutes later, holding out his arm for me.

"Ready?" He said smiling, as the bellman opened the door.

"Yes." I whispered, my nerves heightening. We walked through the ballroom doors, my eyes widening as I looked around. There were dozens of tables surrounding a small dance floor and stage with a podium. The tables were decorated in whites and reds, huge chandlers draping on the ceilings. The table settings were extravagant and overpriced. I looked up at Alex, forcing a smile as we walked through a group of strangers talking. Alex walked to a table in the front of the ballroom, to the left of the stage. His parents were standing next to the table, while his father was talking to a tall gentleman. I smiled widely as we approached them. His father caught a glimpse, shaking one of the gentleman's hands before he turned; walking away. His father smiled, as his mother grabbed my hand softly.