Chapter 8

When our Geology class ended, Jess and I walked out, giggling. We headed towards the girls locker room. As we walked across the commons, Emma was waiting by the end of the hallway.

"Hey!" We said in unison, walking up to her.

"Hey!" She said, giggling. I laughed, opening up the door to the girls locker room. We were chatting about our homework, turning the corner to our lockers. Kristen was standing next to my locker, with her back against it; legs crossed. I scoffed, putting my bag on the bench.

"What the fuck could you want?" I said brazenly. She smirked, twisting the bottom of her golden locks.

"What happened the other day, make sure next time you actually beat my ass. I am coming for you and your hot boyfriend, but which will I pursue first?" She said, stepping over the bench; pushing my bag on the floor. Jess and Emma scoffed, pulling their shirts over their heads.

"She is a real piece of work, that one." Emma said, throwing her backpack in her locker.

"Yeah, it's like she enjoyed getting her ass kicked." Jess said giggling. I laughed, trying to hide my insecurities. She always fed into them. We walked out of the locker room, heading towards the main gymnasium. Alex was talking to Evan and the other guys on the football team. Kristen was standing with the other cheerleaders, giggling. I scoffed, wanting to rip that smile off her smug face. I just wanted her to disappear from existence, all she did was cause problems for me. Mr. Bridges blew his whistle, calling everyone to their attendance lines. I stood in line, as Alex jogged over. His shaggy hair flopping with each stride, I felt myself blush. I smiled as he stood next to me.

"Ok, class we are going to continue with badminton. Please break off into teams and grab a racket." He said, turning towards another student; answering a question.

"Are you up for this?" Alex asked calmly. I nodded, I hated sports but that doesn't mean I wouldn't try. I walked over to a side of the net, Alex stood next to me; grinning widely, making a kiss face.

"Oh stop, I will smack you." I said, playfully hitting him on the buttocks with my racket. "I think I got the hang of it now." I said, preparing for the birdie to come over the net. A girl on the other side whacked it over towards Alex. He jumped up slapping it over the net and onto the ground. Our team cheered, as we all rotated. Kristen chuckled, practicing hitting the birdie before she hit it. She threw it up and swatted it over the net. The others returned the birdie as it soared over the net. As I backed up to hit the birdie, Kristen came barreling towards me to hit the birdie. I swatted the birdie, as she struck me in the arm with her racket.

"What the fuck!" I said loudly, Mr. Bridges scowled. "I know you did that shit on purpose!" I said through pursed lips.

"Babe, just leave it alone." Alex hissed, his eyes cutting towards Kristen. I scowled turning back to the other team. Kristen whacked the birdie over the net again. The other team sent it back, it landed in front of Jess. She shrugged, hitting it to the other side so they can serve.

"Damn Jess, you suck too!" I said giggling, as she stuck her tongue out.

"Yeah you fucking suck, pay attention!" Kristen said sneeringly. I scowled, she was really testing my patience today.

"Shut up bitch, before I tell Aubrey to beat your ass again." Jess said, turning towards her. I chuckled, as Alex sighed, rubbing the back of his neck nervously. Kristen walked up to Jess, as I put my racket down, ready to defend Jess.

"Go back to your fucking spot bitch." Kristen chuckled, twisting her racket in her hand.

"I am not scared of you. I will lay your ass out right here again, no problem." She backed up smirking. I turned to see if Mr. Bridges was paying attention, as I backed up, grabbing my racket off the floor. The other team was looking at us, I felt my cheeks burn with embarrassment.