Chapter 9

The last bell rang and I gathered my things, walking out of the classroom. I hurriedly walked to my locker, hoping I wouldn't run into Kristen again today. I turned the corner and Alex was standing at my locker. Man, he knew me way too well. I smiled, as I walked up to my locker.

"Hey." He said faintly. I frowned, opening my locker.

"What's wrong?" I asked worriedly.

"Nothing, I'll come over after I stop at home first, okay?" He said, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Yeah," I hesitated. "That's fine. Are you sure you're okay?" He nodded, giving my cheek a peck.

"I'll see you later." He said, his body language radiating with irritation. I nodded, kissing his cheek. He turned, walking towards the door. I sighed, something was obviously wrong and it killed me. I wished he'd talk to me about it, but I knew it was something with his dad. I closed my locker, shoving my math book in my bag. I pulled my keys out, heading to my car. I turned the corner, briskly walking across the quad. Jess started running towards me, waving her hands in the air. I giggled, she was a nut.

"Girl! Oh, my god! I didn't think you saw me." She said, slightly out of breath. I laughed again, switching my bag to the other shoulder.

"What's up?" I asked.

"Did you keep your geology notebook, or did you put in your locker already." She asked, fiddling with her fingers.

"Yeah, I already put it in my locker. Did you need it?" I asked, confused.

"Yes, I didn't take notes. I was working on my AP Biology homework." I rolled my eyes, of course, why else would you be asking, always so studious.

"Only you would do your homework before school ends. Yeah, here's my key, just give it back to me in the morning." I said, taking the key off my keychain. She hugged me, thanking me loudly; as she jogged away.

I pushed through the main doors, heading towards my car. I hopped in my car, starting it. I backed carefully from my spot, turning out of the school parking lot. I sang along to the song playing on the radio, tapping my fingers to the beat. I pulled into my neighborhood, parking my car on the street in front of my house. I got out, walking up the driveway; opening the door. I closed the door, noticing my mom's laptop was on the kitchen table.

"Mom?" I called out, walking towards her office. She was shuffling through papers, pulling folders out of drawers.

"Sorry, I am working late today. Would you order a pizza for you and your brother?" I nodded, turning to walk away. "Hey, is Alex coming? Make sure you order enough if he is coming too." She said sternly. That was possibly the nicest thing she had said to me in a few months. I smiled, grabbing the pizza menu from the fridge; jogging up the stairs. Steve was at soccer training so I'd wait until he got home to ask what kind of pizza he wanted. I threw my bag on the floor, tidying up the clothes thrown across the floor. I finished, plopping on my bed, laying back on my pillow. I felt my phone vibrate, pulling it from my pocket.

Alex: Hey.

Aubrey: Hey, what time you coming?

Alex: uh..

Aubrey: Yeah?

Alex: I'm outside :D

Aubrey: you're not funny...

I jogged downstairs, opening the door. He smirked, stepping in the house.

"Oh, comedian today?" I tease, pushing him playfully. I led him upstairs to my room, he plopped down on my bed sliding up. His feet dangled off the end of my bed. I giggled, grabbing my math book and notebook from my bag. I plopped on the bed again, flipping to the chapter review section we were on.