Chapter 23

When I woke up Alex was sprawled across the California king bed, the sun pouring through the curtains. I squinted, guarding my eyes from the bright sun. I kissed Alex's cheek, sliding from the bed. I pulled the curtains shut, finally opening my eyes, feeling groggy. I walked out of the bedroom, wandering out into the hallway. I heard a voice downstairs, I walked down the stairs. Emma was sitting at the Island, with a cup of coffee in front of her. She groaned and mumbled to herself, her head resting in her arms.

"What time is it?" I said groggily. She looked up, jumping in her seat, grabbing her chest.

"Jesus, Aubrey! You scared the fuck out of me! It's a little after eleven." She said, picking up her coffee and sipping, groaning softly.

"Oh, you're the only one up?" I ask, grabbing a mug from the cabinet.

"Yeah, I have a hangover from hell." She groaned again, rubbing her temples.

"As you should, you were a total asshole last night. I really just can't believe you sometimes, Emma." I said, stirring my creamer in my coffee, adding a little sugar. She looked at me puzzled, then her face grew long.

"What did I do?" She said softly, hiding in her coffee cup. I scoffed, taking a big gulp from my coffee.

"You fucking blurted out that you hooked up with Josh." She put her head in her hands, pushing them into her hair. "I mean seriously, why didn't you just tell her? Why keep it a secret?" I asked.

"Look, it was like back at the end of freshman year and we didn't even have sex. I swear you know Derek Clawson was my first that summer. I feel like such a shit friend though. I just felt like it was stupid to bring up when they have such a good thing. I hope Jess isn't mad at me, I feel so bad." I laughed, because it was all I could do at this point. I knew that Jess wasn't that upset about it now that she mulled it over.

"She's not and that's because Alex and I talked to her about it. You really need to get it together, what time did you even show up at the party?" I asked, sitting down on one of the stools in front of the island.

"I don't know, Kyle invited me to come and pregame with them at like five. I probably got there around seven or so. I was drunk as hell I am sure. I definitely hooked up with a jock from St. Joseph's. He was sexy wasn't he?" She said crudely.

"Yeah, I guess. I wasn't really looking, I don't know how you do that shit to be honest."

"You'll see how it goes when you start having sex." I blushed heavily, Emma still didn't know and I wasn't going to tell her yet. I didn't need her blurting to the world that Alex and I were having sex. "It's addicting." She said casually.

"I am sure it is, but I also feel like having sex with someone you love is more important than random hookups." I said curtly. She raised a brow, smirking a little.

"Yeah, you say that now just wait until someone man handles you. You will see what I mean then." She grinned at me, sipping her coffee. I blushed again, tucking the right side of my hair behind my ear.

"I just think it would still be better with someone you love, more intense."

"Maybe, maybe not. You'll find out soon enough I am sure. When you realize I'm right, I would love a text." She chuckled.

"Yeah, I'll get right on some dick, just so we can see who is right." I say as Alex appeared in the kitchen.

"Whose dick are you getting on?" He said, smiling. I blushed, tucking the left side of my hair behind my ear.

"No one." I say, giving him the eye. Emma raised a brow, slowly sipping her coffee.

"Is there any more coffee?" He asked, kissing my forehead.