Chapter 5

When I woke up, I rolled over to check the time on my phone. It was almost four and I had five texts.

Alex: Hey bae txt me when you can.

Love you.

Jess: Hey u ok?

Evan: Hey I heard what happened, you ok?

Emma: Bitch, she got the same punishment as you. SMH 🙄🙄

I responded to Alex first,

Aubrey: Hey babe sry I was sleeping. Wyd?

Aubrey: Yes, Jess I am ok thank you. I am grounded this wknd tho :(

Aubrey: Hey Evan, yeah im good. Thx.

Aubrey: It's whatever, Emma. She's a bitch. 😡

Alex: Can I come over? Kinda outside. LOL

I hurried to the door, opening it for Alex. My mom came from the kitchen, seeing who was at the door. Alex walked in, "Hi, Mrs. Johnson." She scowled a little, then walked back into the kitchen. "You're lucky Alex she told me I was grounded. Come on, let's go to the basement to hangout." I said, pulling him towards the basement door. We sat on the couch and realized I left my phone upstairs. I got up and walked up the stairs to go get my phone. My mom came from the kitchen again, "Look, you're grounded this weekend please do not forget this. No company allowed over after tomorrow night at all." she warned. I nodded and ran upstairs to grab my phone.

Evan: Well glad u r ok. Ttylz

Aubrey: thx. :)

Jess: That sux, see ya Monday :)

Aubrey: see ya Monday :)

Emma: Yesssssssss. So, you're good though? Jess told me ur grounded, see ya monday then?

Aubrey: lol yes, see ya Monday Emma :D.

I quickly ran down to the basement, plopping my phone on the other couch. "My mom grounded me Alex, so we can only hang today." I sighed, rubbing my temples.

"That's ok, I'll just go hang with my guys this weekend or stay in."

"Oh, you don't have to stay in on my account, please go enjoy yourself." I say.

"Oh, cut the shit! I will stay in and call you. I can do that right?" I laughed and nodded, and we put on a movie. As 'The Break-Up' played, Alex rubbed my back and feet. I laid on the couch, feeling my eyes growing heavy again.

My eyes fluttered open and Alex laid next to me flipping through channels.

"Oh babe, I am so sorry. I don't know why I am so tired today." I said softly. He kissed my forehead softly. I rubbed my eyes, checking the time. It was a little after six.

"It's okay babe. I know today has been eventful. Do you want to stay in tonight, or did you want to go get some dinner?" I smiled and really thought about it. I felt like I should go out since I will be stuck inside all weekend.

"You know what, let's go out since I'll be a prisoner for the weekend." I smirked.

"Ok, let me run home and change or you don't care what I look like?" I scoffed, like he could ever look bad.

"You look so sexy babe." I say as I pull him in for a kiss. He grabbed my ass, squeezing firmly, kissing my collarbone. I kissed his lips, sliding off the couch. We walked up the basement stairs and I gently closed the door. My mom wasn't in proximity, so I took this as a sign to get out quickly. We ran to his truck, quickly leaving the neighborhood. "Where did you want food from?" He asked as he turned onto the highway.