Chapter 22

He opened the door, pulling Emma through the doorway. I followed behind, dragging Emma back to the couch. Jess was still sitting on the couch, when she noticed we had Emma.

"Emma!" She shouted, giggling loudly. Jesus! What was I going to do with them?

"Jess!" She shouted back, breaking free from Alex's grasp and plopping clumsily onto the couch. Jess giggled, hugging Emma tightly. I sat next to them, Alex told me he would be right back, disappearing up the stairs. I glanced around, the movie ended and the couples had left. The group that was next to Josh had disappeared, while Josh sat on his phone scrolling quickly through pictures on his phone.

"Hey babe, look at this one!" He said smiling, showing her his phone, his right leg shaking crazily. She smiled, commenting on the picture. I rolled my eyes, fixing Emma's skirt so it wasn't hiked up her leg. I looked up, Alex was jogging down the stairs with a few beers in his hand. He sat next to me, opening one of his beers and taking a few gulps. Jess, Emma and Josh were out of their minds and Alex was working his way there. Why do I always have to be the responsible one? I sighed, pushing myself into Alex's arm.

"Let's play truth or dare!" Emma shouted, grabbing the beer from Alex's hand, gulping loudly. He scoffed, shaking his head, opening up the other one.

"Okay! Let's do it!" Jess chimed in, I let out a deep breath, sighing in annoyance. They really knew how to work my nerves when they weren't sober.

"Emma, truth or dare?" Jess asked eagerly.

"Truth!" She slurred, taking another gulp from the beer.

"Have you hooked up with anyone in this room?" Jess blurted out loudly. Alex's face whitened, as if he just saw a ghost. He sipped his beer looking over at Josh, smiling nervously down at me. I glanced up at him with a puzzled look, starting to wonder what the hell was going on. Emma looked around the room with one eye open, laughing as she turned back to us.

"Yes!" She screamed, giggling loudly. I didn't see the guy from the bathroom, I looked at Alex. His face was a pale white, What the fuck is going on?

"Alex, what is wrong with you? You look like you've seen a ghost." I ask, the anger coating my voice.

"Nothing." He stuttered, running a hand through the sides of his hair. I glanced over towards Jess, she was playing with Emma's hair. While Josh sat quietly, the beads of sweat glided down his brow.

"You know something Alex, spill it now!" I demanded. He shifted uneasily in his seat, gulping his beer.

"Just drop it Aubrey." He snapped, scowling down at me. I scoffed, readjusting myself and turning towards Emma.

"Emma! Truth or Dare! "I said loudly, ignorantly, she giggled.

"Dare!" She slurred, laughing with Jess.

"I dare you to tell us who you hooked up with!" She cackled loudly, the color drained from Alex and Josh's face.

"Josh!" She laughed. Jess turned looking at me, then her. She dropped the piece of hair she had in her hand, her eyes bugged out.

"What are you talking about?!" Jess asked, pushing Emma. She finally came back to reality, her face stone cold. "What is she talking about Josh!" She screamed, I looked at Alex. He was scowling at me, the color returning to his face.

"I, uh, I.. It was before we knew each other! I swear." Jess scowled, while Emma sat laughing her fucking head off. I had just opened a can of worms, I didn't even know about. Jess turned to me, the sadness invading her eyes.