Chapter 33

Alex arrived twenty minutes later, with a case of beer, pretzels and a bag of potato chips.

"You know I had snacks here." I said, rolling my eyes and grabbing the bag of goodies out of his hand. Jess and Emma chuckled at me.

"Oh! Let me get one!" Emma yelled, walking over to Alex and grabbing the case of beer from his arm. He chuckled, as she opened the case, grabbing a beer and opening it. She took a few gulps, smacking her lips.

"You're an alcoholic." I said, putting the chips and pretzels on the counter.

"It's refreshing." She said, taking a few more gulps. I rolled my eyes, putting the beer in the refrigerator.

"I thought we could get drunk and watch movies." Alex shrugged.

"Let's do it!" Emma said, grabbing another beer. Jess and her walked out of the kitchen, towards the basement. Alex watched me as I put the last beer in the refrigerator.

"I missed you." He said, walking up to me, wrapping his arms around my waist. He kissed the top of my head, turning me so I was looking up at him. He leaned in, kissing my lips softly.

"I missed you too." I mumble into his mouth. He pulled back, hugging me tightly. He kissed my forehead lightly, letting me go and grabbing a few beers and the pretzels.

"I'll be down in a minute." I say, as he walked through the kitchen towards the basement. I grabbed two bigger bowls from the cabinet, pouring the bag of chips into one. I grabbed a soda from the refrigerator, knowing I wasn't in the drinking mood. Didn't need my mother finding out either, didn't want that wrath. I jogged down the basement stairs, Jess and Emma cackling at each other.

"Dude, pick a movie, we can't decide. She's the Man or John Tucker Must Die?" Jess said, popping a pretzel in her mouth, sipping her beer.

"How do you even choose? They are both great movies. Maybe a little Jesse Metcalfe in my life first." I say, giggling with them. Jess pressed play on the movie, as the opening titles rolled through. I sat next to Alex, nuzzling into his body. I couldn't ask for a better way to spend my last few days here.

    Several hours later, after a case of beer, a bag of chips, pretzels and a large pepperoni pizza and four movies.

"I'm tired as fuck." Emma said, laying on Jess on the loveseat.

"Yeah, me too." Jess said in agreement. I nodded with them, feeling my eyes growing heavy.

"You guys can sleep in the guest room upstairs, if you want. I can make breakfast in the morning." I offer, standing up and stretching.

"Deal." They say in unison, standing up and jogging up the stairs. I grabbed the trash, juggling the bowls and cups on the pizza box.

"I'll get rid of the beer cans." Alex said, smiling tiredly at me.

"Thank you." I say, walking up the stairs carefully. I open the garage door, tossing the pizza box in recycling and garbage in the trash bin. I closed the door behind me, walking to the kitchen and putting the bowls in the sink. I walked back down to the basement, gathering the blankets and putting them in the blanket pile next to the couch. Alex jogged down the stairs, grabbing the last bag of trash.

"I'm just going to toss this in the back of my truck. Meet you in your room?" He asked, as I nodded my head in agreement. He jogged back up the stairs, as I finished tidying the basement. I turned the light off, walking up the stairs a few minutes later. I turned off the kitchen light, texting Steve to make sure he was okay.

Steve: I'm all good here, I'll be home Saturday. Enjoy your time with Alex.

Regardless if my brother knew it or not, he was the greatest little brother a girl could ever ask for. I climbed the wooden steps, turning the hall light off as I got to the top. I checked in on the girls, before going to my room. Emma was laying on her stomach, her foot hanging from the bed.