Chapter 3

Thirty minutes later, after another shower. I pulled the skinny jeans over my ass, tugging at belt loops. I grabbed my phone, texting Alex.

Aubrey: r u ready?

Alex: Yes, b there in 5.

I grew anxious in anticipation of what exactly Alex had planned. There wasn't much to do in our small town in southern Illinois. I can only let my imagination run wild with ideas. I grabbed a hoodie off the rack just in case, heading for the front door. I grabbed my keys, walking out as Alex pulled up in his black Chevy. I opened the door, pulling myself into the cab. He smiled widely, pulling back onto the road as I buckled my seatbelt.

"Ok, so now I want to know we are going!" I said, playfully slapping his arm. He chuckled, pulling on the main highway.

"You'll see, we will be there soon!" He chimed. I growled, flipping the stations on the radio until I heard Hayley Willams from 'Paramore' scream through the speakers. I shook my head to the rhythm of the music, shaking my body.

"Woohhh!" I sang along loudly as Alex chuckled, turning onto the interstate. I furrowed my brow; turning the music down a little.

"Please tell me we aren't going to a college party." I scowled, folding my arms. He cackled, pulling his baseball cap off; tossing it on the dash.

"No!" He laughed, "No! We aren't going to a fucking college party. Why would you think that anyway? I mean come on it's a school night for one and I honestly haven't gone to a party in months." He glanced at me, a smile spread across his face. I scowled again, running my hand through my curly locks.

"I swear Alex.."

"I swear it's going to be fun, we are going to have a lot of fun." He grabbed my hand, kissing it; I sat back. I relaxed, taking my plain white Keds off. He switched lanes, changing the stations from his steering wheel. As the rock music poured through the speakers, I watched the farmlands pass quickly. Alex sang along to the music, as he weaved through the cars. I couldn't get my mind off the fact that we were back together. I was ecstatic, as well as cautious; everything was still in the back of my head. For whatever reason, I believed he wanted this, he wanted to change for me. We will just have to see. As he merged onto the interstate going north, I sighed; I was growing impatient. Two hours was a long ride, but I was excited to see where he was taking me.

When we finally arrived, I looked around the open farm, trying to get a hint of what we were doing here. He smiled, grabbing his hat from the dash; placing it backward over his shaggy hair. A gentleman came from the house, walking down the driveway.

"Alex! It's great to see you! I am glad you decided to come up here today. Is this the special lady you were telling me about?" He smiled, hugging the gentleman quickly.

"Yes, Uncle Jack this is her. Aubrey, this is my Uncle Jack." He said introducing us.

"Hi, it is very nice to meet you," I said, shaking his hand.

"Well you know your way around Alex, have fun." I looked up at Alex, giving him a puzzled look. He started walking towards the barn, I followed closely; taking in the farm. It was at least five acres of land, trees lining the edges. There were also horses roaming the fields, I loved horses.

"Oh my god, Alex! You brought me here to ride horses, didn't you!" I said excitedly. He smiled, opening the barn door, grabbing my hand as we went in.

"How did you find out!" he said playfully. I smiled, I was so excited. I hadn't been horseback riding in a few years.

"Alex, I am so excited! Thank you so much for doing this!"