Chapter 6

The next few days seemed to drag by, I had found ways around my mom's rules. I walked downstairs, grabbing water from the pack on the floor. I quickly went towards the basement and my mom stopped me as I started walking down the stairs.

"Did you finish your homework?" She said sternly.

"Yes, well uh just finishing up an English assignment before bed." I lied, switching my laptop to the other arm. Her eyes shifted, raising a well manicured eyebrow.

"Okay, you have school tomorrow, try and go to bed at a decent time." She said, closing the basement door as I finished walking down the last steps. I sat my laptop down on the ottman, turning the TV on. I opened my laptop, letting it load. I took a sip from the water bottle, flipping aimlessly through the channels. I opened my Skype and Alex had sent me one, I smiled. He had been sending instant messages all weekend, I laughed reading the IM.

AWalsh96: So, are you finally done with your homework, can we talk now? I am growing impatient >_<

xxAubrey97xx:Yes, I am done. What are you up to?

AWalsh96: Nothing just laying in bed, watching 30 Rock.

xxAubrey97xx: Oh, that's fun. Did you finish all of your homework?

AWalsh96: Yes, just had calculus homework. Is your mom all over you about what happened?

xxAubrey97xx: Not as much as I thought she'd be. It is the first time I have ever been in trouble and the last time I get in trouble. I wouldn't put it past her to do something drastic if I got into trouble again. That bitch just better stay away from me.

AWalsh96: Yeah I wouldn't put it past her either. Feisty aren't you lol :P

xxAubrey97xx: No, I just am tired of her harassing me, she has been doing it since the beginning of the year. I was just tired of it, period.

I huffed, I really couldn't believe we were having this conversation.

AWalsh96: I get it and I am sorry about it. We can move forward from this.

It was always easy for him to defuse any tension I had, just by his calm demeanor.  He was always calm and collected, like nothing phased him.

xxAubrey97xx: I am glad we found a way back to each other. I am grateful for this second chance. <3 <3

AWalsh96: Thank you for giving me a second chance to prove to you I want this. I do want this, I can't see myself with anyone else. I'll do whatever I have to, to make up for the past.

xxAubrey97xx: I know but it was the past and I can see you've changed a lot since the beginning of summer. I can't be the only thing that motivated you to change.

AWalsh96: You weren't the only thing, but a huge part of it. My father definitely played a role, I just don't want his life. I want my own, to make something of myself without him.

xxAubrey97xx: I understand wanting to be your own person. Obviously your family has a lot of influence on the town but I am sure whatever you want to do your family will be okay with your choices. :)

AWalsh96: Yeah, my family has always had my life planned out. I don't want the life they have planned out for me. But let's get off this depressing topic, do you need a ride to school tomorrow?

xxAubrey97xx: No, I think I am going to just drive myself. I get my phone back in like an hour, I can call you then and pretend we haven't talked all weekend. 😆