But today...

I bite at the cookie I baked and my teeth almost break.

I sighed, looking at the recipe. I've followed everything yet the end product is like this.

Aunt Annaly left to go and talk to the videographer so I wasn't able to ask for her help.

"I certainly followed the instructions though," I murmured.

I'm so disappointed. I put the cookies into a tupperware. Maybe Aunt Annaly can cook something out of these.

I was cleaning the table top when JK entered the kitchen. He's newly bathed, with his hair still wet. He approached the table while wiping his hair with the towel. "Where's mom?"

"Still not coming back," I said. I placed the garbage outside. I sighed as I stare into the sky to relax myself. Maybe I'll buy tokens tomorrow after class since those cookies are inedible...

I went back in with a resolution in mind. But then, upon entering the kitchen, I saw JK has opened the tupperware and is holding a cookie in his hand.

"No---" I shouted but he has already put it in his mouth.

"Argh!" His face looks so disgusted as he stared at the cookie. "Is this rock or what? Did mom buy this?"

"JK what's that?" Jasmine has entered the kitchen. "Oooh! Cookies!"

"No. These are rocks," JK put the cookie back in the tupperware. "I think mom bought it to prank us."

I sniffed. They both looked at me.

I pulled the tupperware of cookies from JK. "I baked these! But they aren't... good."

Jasmine laughed. And her brother gave me a grimace.

"They're horrible," he said then went to the fridge.

"I know, no need to stress it out," I murmured. I can feel my face burning out of embarrassment.

"Who are you planning to give them?"Jasmine asked.

"No one!" I said. I'll die before I admit in front of JK that I planned to give these to them in the music club.

"Don't tell me you've made that for JK?" Jasmine smirked.

"N-No! Of course not!" I laughed. "JK won't eat something like this."

JK sat down on one chair while drinking a canned juice.

"Why did you make so much though?" Jasmine asked.

"Because... Because my... my friend asked me."

"Who?" JK interjected.

Jasmine sniggered. "I bet she's making it up."

"No! It's real! Van---Van said if I could bake something for him!" I smiled at Jasmine who just rolled her eyes.

"Do you think he'd eat those?" Jasmine said.

"Of course! He will," I said with pride. "I have put all my heart into this---"

JK stood and snatched the tupperware from me. "I'll have these repaired."

"Repaired?" I asked in surprise. What does he think of my cookies, car engine that needs repair?

Jasmine laughed, "If you've fixed them, give me some JK." Then she left.

I looked at JK who started taking paper towels and dampening them off.

"Wrap each one with this," he told me, giving me a damp paper towel.

"Okay," I followed what he told. After all the cookies are wrapped in damp paper towels, JK arranged them back in the rack and placed them inside the oven.

He just reheated the cookies for several seconds, then, when he took them out, he picked one piece and unwrapped it. He took a bite off it.

I grimaced as I watch him, but then, the cookies were not hard anymore!

"Wow, how did you know that?" I asked.

He just smirked, then gave the cookies back to me. "I'm going to take my part. Don't include me in the count when you pack these for the others," he said as he took four cookies.

"How did you know I was...?" I asked as I watch him walk out the kitchen.

He glanced at me and took half a bite of one cookie, "We live in the same house, in case you forget."

-----

"Sweetie, here's your lunch," Aunt Annaly handed me the bag and peeked at her son, "JK, drive safely okay?"

JK just grunted then started the car.

Aunt Annaly laughed girlishly. "I feel like you're newly weds hihi!"

"Eww!" Jasmine said from behind her mom. "JK won't marry Rose Anne!"

JK laughed softly and gave his sister a thumbs up.

"Hmph!" Auntie said and pulled her daughter away. "Bye bye!"

"Bye auntie!" I waved before closing the car door.

Starting today, I will ride with JK to school. I glanced at JK who is very serious faced while driving.

"What?" he suddenly asked.

"N-Nothing..." I looked outside. Good thing my phone beeped, Elise texted me.

[We'll be buying tokens for the club later. Reserve your time for us ( ꈍᴗꈍ)]

I replied OK then smiled. I wonder what they'll think if I tell them I baked cookies for my club... and JK helped me repair them.

I looked at JK, "I will not go home with you later." He didn't respond so I continued, "I'll go with Elise and Sue to the gift shop."

"Okay."

He stopped the car. We're now at the street corner where he would drop me off. I went out. "Thanks for the ride."

I walked off holding the bag full of baked cookies. I hope my clubmates would like this. I looked up into the sky. I think this will be a good day (◍•ᴗ•◍)~