047

FORTY SEVEN
[SACRIFICES (4)]

November 16, 2018
2:00 am
@NCT Estate

narratorChenle let out a lazy yawn as he walked through the empty hallways with only one wall lamp lit

narrator
Chenle let out a lazy yawn as he walked through the empty hallways with only one wall lamp lit. He was feeling a little thirsty so he decided to get a glass of water in the kitchen.

He stopped his trails as he heard strange shuffling sounds and bags zipping from one of the rooms, the sound lured him in front of Jisung's room. He found it weird since Jisung's room was dim, but he was sure that he heard something from there.

Chenle tried to twist the knob, lucky enough it was unlocked, so he barged in and was puzzled from what he saw.

"Jisung? What are you doing?" Chenle tilted his head at the sight of the suspicious boy who seemed to be hurriedly packing his things in a backpack, holding a flashlight.

Jisung jolted at the sudden voice, a very familiar one. He hoped that it was only a ghost's voice since he finds it more scarier if someone from the house actually catches him doing such an action.

The once hopeful boy turned around and dropped his flashlight at the sight of the clueless boy infront of him who has yet to find an explanation.

"You..caught me. Haha." Jisung awkwardly scratched his head and wasn't able to look at him in the eye.

"Are you..trying to run away?" Chenle turn the lights on and entered his room for a closer look.

"I-It's not that I wanted to but..I had no other choice." Jisung squinted his eyes from the sudden brilliance of light.

"What do you mean you had no other choice.." Chenle clenched his fist hearing his ridiculous reasons.

"Look Chenle, the Park Clan wants me a-and it'll only get worse if I stayed here. I can't bare to watch you all struggling because of me." Jisung looked determined but what Chenle sees is just..

"Stupid." The annoyed Chenle gritted his teeth, the irritated boy began to sprint towards him and grabbed him by the collar of his blue pajamas, resulting one of its buttons unbuttoned.

"The only thing that's making it worse is your fucking dumbassery! Think of how the others would feel if you decide to go out in the open! Think of how I would feel." Chenle looked at him with fiery eyes, eyes that were nothing but worry and fear inside.

Jisung was left shocked at how Chenle reacted, it seemed like he was making him reflect on how stupid he was. But unfortunately he's denying it all.

"Stop being a chicken will ya?!" Chenle pleaded.

"I'm not 'being a chicken' I am trying to protect you all!" Jisung exclaimed and harshly removed Chenle's grip.

"As if we're not used to danger?! Think of this as another nuisance NCT has to deal with. You don't have to go on your own!"

"But this..this is different. This is my own problem to solve."

Both of the frustrated boys panted, too tired to speak another word to convince each other and instead they just stared until death.

Rushing footsteps was then heard outside of the room, drawing nearer and nearer.

"Keep it down will you?! What's going on here?!" They heard Johnny say with a worried expression, Kun and Jungwoo then followed.

The three awake boys examined the whole situation, seeing some bags and clothes laying on Jisung's bed.

With further observation Jungwoo already figured it out. He looked at Jisung, unable to express his emotions. Was it disappointment? frustration? anger? why would the boy do such a thing ?

Jisung gulped as he already knows what's about to happen.

Chenle let out a sigh and gave Jisung his last glare before leaving the room.

"I've had enough of your stupidity. Don't you dare fucking talk to me ever again." He then bolted out of the room, leaving the other four in silence.

"I'm gonna go talk to him." Kun stated as both Johnny and Jungwoo nodded, he then left the scene, chasing after Chenle.

The two then averted their eyes to the youngest, raising an eyebrow.

"Now would you mind explaining, Jisung?" Johnny asked in a somewhat fatherly voice.

"Ugh, this is all happening because of you and Taeyong hyung. Now look what you two have done. You should've conversed in a more safer place!" Jungwoo nagged at his older brother.

"Oh shit—you heard us?" Johnny cursed in his breath as Jisung slowly nodded.

"I-I'm sorry.." Jisung lowered his head. A wave of silence occurred until Johnny spoke up again.

"Look Jisung, you may be the son of the leader of that clan or whatever but focus on what's happening now. You are here with us, from what I remember on the profiles you never had any involvements of their crimes in fact you didn't even knew your history was kinda fabricated. It's not your fault." He massaged the bridge of his nose.

"And don't worry Grandpa won't kill you. He took you in for a reason." He then reassured.

'I hope.' he thought.

Jisung looked at Johnny and it seemed like the reassurance had an effect on him.

'Maybe Chenle was right. I'm just making things worse here..but what should I do then?' Jisung had a thought.

"You better not plan some ridiculous stunt like this again or else I'll tell the Don. You're lucky he has yet to arrive." Jungwoo then added, scolding him in a gentle voice.

"I can't say I promise but I'll try.." Jisung wasn't sure of himself.

"You want a smack on your head?!" Jungwoo exclaimed.

"Okay, okay! I promise..!" Jisung sighed.

"Okay good, just in case you change your mind I'm afraid I'm gonna have to lock your room's windows and doors." Jungwoo strictly stated and that left Jisung's mouth open.

"I-Isn't that way too harsh..?" Johnny was even surprised at his sudden 'motherly' attitude.

"Oh don't worry it's just for the night—I mean dawn. It's literally 2 am now so get your ass to sleep!" Jungwoo began to lock the windows with a padlock, keeping the keys to himself.

"I'll open you up at 6 am, sweet dreams !" Jungwoo greeted for the last time and pushed Johnny out of the room with him.

"You think he's gonna have sweet dreams after you locked him up?!"

Johnny's words were the last thing Jisung heard as the doors were closed and locked by Jungwoo.

Jisung sighed and went to clear out the things in his bed. He layed down and kept anxiously thinking a bunch if scenarios in his head.

"Will everything be alright..?"

———
hey heY HEY!!!!!

it was kinda short huhu but hope you liked it !!

*totallynotplanningtoaddthetwonewneosafterthisarc-*

anyways BYE BYE HAVE A NICE DAY :DDD

edit: AND WAIT 40K READS OMFG— ❤️❤️❤️

—bubb