000

[Warning:inappropriate languages and abusive content.]

PROLOGUE

"You're nothing but an unwanted little rascal

"You're nothing but an unwanted little rascal."

"How the fuck are you even my son?"

"I never should've met your father."

"How are you even still here?"

That's what she says.

"Mom I'm sorry I-!"

"Don't call me that."

At an early age, I already noticed how different the world- well, MY world is.

Every now and then, I receive nothing but pain.

Bruises and scars were covered all on me spontaneously.

I tried having hope, but it was no use.

Turns out someone was manipulating my emotions, activities, basically every single part of me.

And that someone is my so called "mother".

I thought mothers were the hero of a child's life. But why is mine a villain?

She was the reason why I feel hopeless,

She was the reason why I feel hurt, imprisoned, and unloved.

But then again, what is love?

Does it make you happy?

Will I ever experience that?

It all started with this old fancy-looking man wearing a tuxedo I met when I was astray in the streets of Hongdae.

July 21, 2006
5:34 pm
@Hongdae

Mother was awfully drunk, it was not like any other day. I figured it was because of my father who came to visit us unannounced. Though I didn't hear what they were talking clearly but I did hear a loud quarrel from my room so it must have been that bad.

I couldn't handle the abuse and pain anymore so I ran away home. That is what my mom wanted from the start right? For me to get out of her sight.

Maybe she'll be happy now that I'm gone.

Tired of running, I sat down on the ground. I was too tired to care about the looks people were giving me, but one old man stood out to me the most.

He saw me looking like a mess. He slowly approached me with a soft and gentle smile plastered on his face. 

The man observed me for a while.

"Where are your parents little one?" He asked, bending at my level.

"My mom kicked me out." It was not actually true but it was sort of like that, I was too scared to look at him in the eye. I saw his foot repositioning so I assumed he was quite shocked.

"..How old are you kid?" He then asked again.

"I'm a 5th grader." I answered, this time facing him. He looked like a business man in a suit.

"So 11?"

"Y-yeah."

After a moment of silence to help him process everything, he stood up and took his phone from the pocket of his black pants. Dialing a certain number that he's already familiar of.

"Wu, please come and pick me up. Now." I heard him say in a bossy manner.

"I'm at Hongdae..the meeting with the Park Clan was done several minutes ago. I also have a child with me."

While waiting, I felt a droplet of water on my nose, I looked up above and thought it was about to rain. The old man also sensed it, raising his other hand as another droplet occured.

"Okay now please hurry up and fetch me, I didn't bring any umbrellas." He then hung up then soon the rain started to pour heavily.

"C'mere child." He took out his tuxedo and covered both of us as we went to a covered place not far from where we were standing.

We took a seat from the chairs near us and the atmosphere was quite awkward. I examined his features and other than his wrinkles, something captured my eye.

It was a dragon tattoo on his right shoulder. I was able to see it because his polo was drenched from the rain.

"What is that?" I pointed at his shoulder, trying to break the silence between us.

"Oh..this? This is the crest of the Neo Culture Technology Association." He explained.

"What is New Corture Tecko- agh! something...?"I tried saying the words but it's hard to pronounce as a little kid.

He chuckled at how I pronounced it and got a little embarrassed. The old man then looked both sides as if it was a secret that needs to be kept at all costs.

"That..I cannot tell you, at least not in here. I'll explain it when we get home." He said.

Home.

I was surprised when he said that word.

"Home?" I became perplexed. He looked at me and gently put a warm smile on his face.

"Welcome to the family, champ."