001

CHAPTER ONE

5:43 pm
@1971 Plymouth Roadrunner(car)

It's been exactly 5 minutes since I entered his luxurious car

It's been exactly 5 minutes since I entered his luxurious car. I was even worried if I did the right thing, going into some random rich person's car without knowing his name. Now that I think of it, what is his name?

"Pardon me sir but, who are you?" I dared to ask attempting to act formal as possible since I learned it from the movies displayed at electronic shops around the street.

"You don't have to be so formal with me child. I'm not like those people you've seen at TVs. My name is Lee Soo Man, and from now on you will call me Grandpa, how about you, what's your name?" He chuckled at my behavior and replied with a question.

"I'm Lee Taeyong sir- I mean...grandpa." It's gonna take a while for me to get used to this.

"Lee Taeyong...we have similar surnames, what a coincidence.  I hope we can get along soon, my child."

"Yeah."

After minutes and minutes of talking, grandpa explained a lot of things to me and he even shared his experiences over the past years.

He said he was some sort of a "Don" in the Neo-something-Association, he said it's something that is linked with the word "boss". I don't even know most of the things he said. He told me he does some dark business and stuff, he can't tell the full details yet since I am "still a child", I'll somehow know about it soon enough.

He once had a wife whom he loved dearly, but she died along with his son while she was giving birth. It's kind of sad though. He wanted to experience what it's like to have children, that's why he adopted me, and other 9(?) children. He doesn't want me to call him father because he's an old man now. He's in his 60s.

Everything is starting to be different now as far as I've noticed.

Because of him, I feel like I'm a part of a family now even just from sitting in this car.

6:00 pm
@NCT Estate

"We have arrived, Don." The guy Mr. Wu glanced at us from the front mirror, he then walked out from the drivers seat and opened the right side of the car door near grandpa.

Wow, his house is so huge.

I heard rushing steps from the well-uniformed staffs trying to line up in both sides and in front of us, I was quite scared for a moment until I heard their greeting. "Welcome back, Sir Lee." Then they bowed.