054

FIFTY FOUR
[SACRIFICES (11)]

November 25, 2018
3:00 pm
@NCT Estate

November 25, 20183:00 pm@NCT Estate

narrator

As shocked by the news, Renjun can't help but wonder and ask. "I heard from Johnny hyung that Park Clan's leader only had one son. Then..what about Jisung? Who is Jisung..?" 

"Jisung has nothing to do with this matter at all, which is why I came. I don't even know how they got in to that conclusion." Chanyeol replied, feeling a headache coming as he knew he's going to have to explain everything.

"You mean someone is giving them false information?" The Don figured.

"Something like that." 

"For what reason exactly? I wonder." 

"Who knows. Their source probably knew you kept that kid so they think this is a good chance to use my late father's clan as their key to your downfall. Knowing you two had history." Chanyeol sighed before he can continue.

"You see, Park Jisung is my uncle's son who in fact, is my father's brother. When my mother knew about my father's criminality, they fought as mother didn't want me to get involved in my father's dirty business. Father already made plans for my future as the next 'head' in his clan, but mother didn't agree with any of it so she left him and brought me along with her."

"Which is why he sought for uncle, asking him if he'd allow him to take Jisung in place of me. Now that I think about it, it was more like my father persuading him to the point uncle had enough and wanted to cut ties with him which lead to their death, covering it up as a 'car accident'. But good thing Jisung fled the scene." 

After Chanyeol briefly explained the misunderstandings, Renjun became a little relieved while the Don was still suspicious of this self-proclaimed biological son since he came in unarmed with no harmful intentions.

"I see..but how can I be so sure that you are indeed telling the truth young boy? You know it's not that easy to convince someone like me." The elder spoke in a gentle yet stern voice. 

"I figured you'd say that so I came prepared and brought my birth certificate, you can even test my DNA-" 

Before Chanyeol could pull out an important paper from his bag, arguing voices from outside became louder as the door was busted open. Revealing Taeyong aggressively pulling Shotaro's collar as he went inside.

"Taeyong hyung!" Renjun called.

"I believe I caught a spy, grandfather." The wary Taeyong said. He then noticed another new face comfortably sitting at the sofa.

"Is he this Park person you spoke of?" He looked at the terrified boy, who was struggling from his grip.

"Taro? What the hell are you doing here? Didn't I tell you to wait outside?" Shotaro was bombarded with questions by Chanyeol.

"Sorry hyung. I got caught." In the midst of fear Shotaro still gave the older a sheepish smile.

"Anyways, as I was saying.." Chanyeol was about to continue until the Don raised his hand.

"That's enough. Your story is quite credible, knowing Jaejoong's background and personality.." The latter stood up from his seat and went near the former, making him stand up as well.

"So does this mean we are forgiven?" Chanyeol had his hopes up, putting this long-time grudge to an end.

"We are not done yet. I have one condition left before NCT lets you go." The Don paused before he could continue.

"In order to prove your redemption, you must bring my grandson back." The elder stated. Chanyeol was not surprised at all as he knew this would happen somehow. A wave of silence occured as Chanyeol was taken aback by his request.

"Alright, sir. Me and my boys will do our best to fulfill it." He then stood up and wore his shades back, preparing to leave. "Let's go, Taro." 

Taeyong then let go of the young boy as he saw his grandfather's relaxed expression, thinking everything is alright for now.

"Care to explain?" After the two left, Taeyong then went to Renjun whilst crossing his arms. Leaning in for better hearing.

"You see.." Renjun told everything as he whispered, not wanting to interrupt the Don who was in his deep thoughts at the moment.

"Looks like Johnny didn't do his research properly. I might have to talk to him later." Taeyong said in an aggravated voice after hearing the unexpected twist.

"Did you find anything?" The Don started to question Taeyong for the daily report.

"I'm afraid not, grandpa. I can't believe they're smart enough to not leave any hints for us." He regretted to inform.

"Where could he be?" The elder sighed in frustration, becoming more worried as another day passed by without any progress.

"We got new allies today grandpa, maybe they will find something beneficial soon?" Renjun reassured.

"Don't trust them too much, Renjun. The world is a scary place. That's a lesson you need to learn here. " Taeyong gave him a small lecture.

"It's just that they seem genuine to me though.." Renjun touched his nape.

"Whatever they may bring, it's best to prepare ourselves at least."

"GRAMPS-!" Haechan's voice can be heard, as if he was in a rush.

Just then the door was yet again busted open, with 5 boys who was previously in playing the living room struggling to fit inside the doorframe. 

Haechan tripped as he was seen carrying a tablet in his hands.

"You're in the presence of NCT's boss you sick fucks, what has got you all so worked up?!" Renjun exclaimed, as if he was a mother scolding his naughty children.

"Because it's a fucking emergency!" Haechan fired back, rushing towards the elder.

"What is happening?" The elder became confused.

"Look, why don't we just all calm down and breathe." Jeno said.

"I mean..Haechan is the only one panicking?" Yangyang added.

"It's because he brought my car with him!" Haechan whimpered.

"Is the car that important to you than our own brother?!" Jaemin complained.

"'Brother'? What is going on Haechan?!" Taeyong became worried as he demanded the context.

Haechan took a deep breaths before showing the tablet in front of them, with its screen revealing something alarming involving their dearest brother.

The footage showed a handcuffed Jungwoo in a crowded bar, being held by what looked like police officers as people watched him being escorted out of the area, looking defeated with visible bruises on his face.

"Jungwoo got arrested."

---

A/N:

feeling free today so might as well update lol <3 hihiiii