"Yeah, why am I staying? I guess, I really have a knack for choosing to stay even if people pushes me away." I can feel my eyes tear up. "But do you know what that feels, Jaz?" I threw out a deep breath and tap my chest with my rich knuckle. "It hurts. It freaking hurts to be pushed away and you don't know what you did. And you ask yourself, 'Did I do something wrong? Am I that awful to be ignored?'" I covered my eyes and sat down. All the frustration I have with JK surfaced.

I felt Jasmine move towards me and tapped my back. "I didn't mean to..." She sniffed. "Sorry."

I wiped my eyes, "Wow, that's the first time you said sorry to me."

"Is it really painful?" she asked in a small voice, "Not to be liked back, I mean?"

"Of course. Who wants to be hated?" I smiled. "Especially by someone you really, really like..."

"I like Nathan, but he likes my best friend."

I was surprised at this. I always see Jasmine as a little girl but... yeah she's nearing puberty now and she must have her crushes. "That sucks."

"Yeah right. But I think I'm still more fortunate than you are," she said, moving away and hugging her pillow.

"Why?"

"Because I am still young, unlike you. You're old and you still don't have a boyfriend."

( ರ_ರ)

I sighed. "Yeah. And JK hates me."

"He doesn't." Jasmine lay down.

"Huh?" I pulled her blanket.

"Go out now, I'm going to sleep," she said while hugging her pillow tighter on her face.

"But what do you mean by that?"

"Nothing."

"Hey Jaz! How come you said he doesn't hate me?"

"Because!" Jasmine sat up. "JK told me to be kind to you."

"Oh. Right." I stood. "Well... That's expected. Anyway, don't get all too serious with your crushes. You're right, you're still young. There will be more crushes to come. Just enjoy the experience, and make it an inspiration. I'll get going."

"JK doesn't hate you."

I nodded. Then walked to the door.

"Because he is always worried when you're not yet home at night."

My hand froze on the door knob. I turned to look at Jasmine. "How do you say so?"

"He always wait for you to get home, and goes into his room when he hears the gate open." Jasmine sighed. "Are you always with that guy? The one who came here?"

I shook my head slowly.

Jasmine rolled her eyes again. Then lay down and turned her back on me.

I smiled and went out of her room. I immediately turned to look at JK's door.

He always wait for me to come home?

"And he's worried?" I whispered. I held my cheeks which feels like they're burning. So he's worried about me? I thought he doesn't care---

I sighed happily and smiled at JK's door. "Okay. I'll come home early starting on tomorrow."

I turned to go but  stopped dead on my track when I saw JK on the top of the stairs. He is looking at me.

Shoot. Did he saw me staring at his door holding my cheeks and looking stupid????

I coughed. "H-Hi."