Together

Thx for 4K!
.
Rip my last draft tho
.
Lol I don't even know how I wrote this
.
This is the purest form of free form so don't sue me if it doesn't make sense
.
Actual Kiribaku content in here ✨

"We wanted everything..."

"I know."

"We're so young, only sixteen."

"I know."

"We shouldn't have to die. At all, much less like this!"

"Life isn't fair, Denks. You should know that by now."

"Why aren't you upset? We're gonna die here!"

"Denki... being upset won't change anything."

"We. Are. Going. To. Die. How- what else am I supposed to do?"

"Denki. Denki, stay still. Denki, look at me."

Hitoshi grabs my shoulders and stops my restless pacing. I look up at him, eyes shining with barely held back tears.

"I'm terrified, Toshi. I don't want to die. I don't want you to die."

"I know. I don't want you to die either. But let's be rational, I'm sure there's a way out."

He hugs me and I can briefly forget the fact we're trapped under a thousand pounds of rubble that crashed down only seconds after our friends escaped the construction sight with what we thought was the only bomb.

Hitoshis presence is so warm and solid that I can control the hysteria that was building up.

"Yeah, you're right. We should look for a way out. I'm sorry."

"Don't be sorry."

The area we're in is about five feet by six. Concrete and rebar are the only things that stopped us from instant death. I guess a slow death by suffocation is better than an instant one.

After three minutes we both realize it's hopeless but pretend it's not, looking around for a few more minutes.

"Hitoshi, I love you. I love you so so much. If we get to heaven we can be together. We can have a family and as many cats as you want. I love you. I'm glad I was able to meet my soulmate."

"Don't talk like we're dead."

But we both know we're just as good as dead.

"Then I just wanted you to know."

I squeeze his hand and force a smile to my face.

"Love you Denk. I'm glad I met you."

I squeeze his hand and he wraps his arms around me.

"We're together, that counts for something, right?"

-Kiri Pov-
"HURRY THE FUCK UP!"

"Kats, we're going as fast as we can, we gotta be careful or else we might cause an avalanche."

"I fucking know, goddamn it! I know."

"Don't worry I'm sure we'll find them soon."

"Fucking failure. Can't even keep my own team alive." Bakugo mutters under his breath but I still hear him.

And it breaks my heart.

"I'm sure they don't blame you, none of us do. It's just what happens."

"You're not the one stuck under a thousand fucking pounds of rock. And it was my fault, I should've checked for another bomb."

"No one would've expected it. You did great getting all the civilians out. Think of all the lives you saved."

"They aren't mindfuck and dunce face."