We are the protagonists

A villains quirk breaks the fourth wall for Denki
.
.
Soft angst with happy end
.
.
I love Shinkami so much. I know the possibility of it being canon is like .5% but I can't stop myself from loving them. I know I'll cry when it's not canon and I know it's not canon but still T-T
.

It couldn't be true, could it? No one ever even had a chance? Everything, the world, the people, the accidents were all set up for Midoryia? His path was already set in fate. He would become the next beacon of hope, the number one pro hero. But why? Why?

It's not fair. It's not fair he has a world all for himself. What about everyone else? Are they just cannon fodder for the hero?

Tears leak out of my eyes. It's hopeless. If everything revolves around Midoryia then why do I even exist? Why do I even try?

I drop to the ground, hands tangled in my electric blonde hair. Do I even have a role in his story? Does anyone even notice me? Do I even matter?

"Shinso! You have to get here immediately! Some quirk hit Denki when we met some villains and he's- there's something wrong with him!"

Fear rips through my body as I hear Minas voice. "Is he okay? What happened? Where are you?"

"We're by the cafe on main. I'm not sure, the parametrics are on their way. The villain- I'm not sure. We were chasing after the villain and by the time I caught him Denki was on the ground. He's- I think he's having a panic attack. But he's not responding to me!" "I'll be right there." I bang the car door shut and slam on the gas.

I hit the ground running, skidding the car to a stop and sprinting  to Denki and Ashido, both crouched in the ground.

I run to my boyfriend and kneel next to him. "Denki? Denks!" I grab his face in my hands and Mina takes a step back.

Suddenly he collapses against me. "It's all hopeless!" He wails. I wrap my arms around him as he sobs into my shirt.

"Shh shh, it's okay. It's okay. I'm here, it'll be alright."

"You don't get it! We never even had a chance! None of us matter! It's all for him!" He sobs.

"Shhh, it's okay. Can you tell me what happened?"

His shoulders shake and his voice is barely a whisper as he answers me. "It's all for Izuku. This world, these people, everything! He's destined to become the number one pro hero. We don't even matter. He's the protagonist of this universe."

"Denks." I trail off as his whole weight presses against me. Still unsure of what happened I console him the best I can.

"Hey, Denks? Look at me. Please?" He raises his teary face and looks at me. "It doesn't matter, it doesn't matter because this, right here? This is our world." I hold him closer. "And we're the protagonists of it."

.
.
(If you watch Haikyuu then you might recognize the "We are the protagonists if this world" I love that quote so much)