I opened the message. Actually, Mom's been sending me weird texts ever since she went to Paris.

[JK honey, how's it at home? Do you guys eat well?]
[How is Rosie? You should comfort her okiiieee?]
[Son, I don't mind being called a grandma at this age ahihihi~]

I sighed as I pocketed my phone. Everytime she texts or calls me, she would end with either she doesn't mind to be a grandma at her age or she's longing for a baby at home but doesn't want to marry again. I know what she's thinking. And I will not fall into that. Knowing my mom, she'd most likely control me if she sees I'm giving in to what she likes. I never really grew up with her, and I know that everything she does is to make amends of the years she left me to fend alone for myself. But I'm all grown up now, and I don't want my life to be controlled by anyone. That's why I'm thinking of---

The gate opened and my thoughts darted away. I looked at the gate and saw Rose Anne entering. She locked the gate and when she turned, our eyes met.

I waited for her to smile, but the corners of her mouth barely lifted. She went straight to the house without a word.

Now, what is her problem?

Honestly (and I hate to admit it to myself), after last night I thought that she'd be way--sweeter--I shook my head. Did I just hoped for her to become sweet to me?

"Atleast she could be more friendly," I murmured into the air as I stand and went inside too. I saw her climbing up the stairs. I wanted to ask her where she has been but I don't want to be misinterpreted.

"Want me to ask her?"

I turned and saw Jasmine sitting on the sofa, but looking at me with her eyebrows moving up and down like mom's. I shook my head, "No. And no TV. Go to your bed."

"Ugh! You're no fun!" she said and turned to look into the television.

Shaking my head, I went upstairs too. I got into my room. I was about to lay down on my bed when a glitter caught my eyes. I looked at my bedside table and spotted the comb.

"Ah, it's hers," I said as I pick it up. I went to the next room. I'll give this to her now and maybe I can ask her where she'd been too.

My hand was half-raised when her doorknob moved---but my reflex was too quick that I stood away from the door and stayed at the right. She got out, probably not seen me yet.

"---I got home safely. Thanks Van, we---"

At those words, she saw me. Our eyes met and I saw that she was shocked.

I gave her the comb. "You left this in my car." I said and I heard my voice sounded hollow. "And next time, if you will leave the house, at least tell me or Jasmine where you are going. Your mother and mine entrusted you to me, and whatever may happen to you is my responsibility."

Shock registered in her face, and I noticed her eyes are somewhat red, but before I can say more than I intend to, I turned my back.

"JK," she said.

I stopped but didn't look back.

But she didn't speak. So I walked away and went into my room. As I sat down on my bed, there is something that is unfamiliar within me---but I don't know what it is.

It's as if I wanted to yell at her. Why does she have to be with that---

I sighed and kept the though out of my mind.

I recalled what I told her. I didn't sound like I was being a nagging boyfriend or something right? I mentioned Jasmine's name so it sounds fairly casual. And I got point at the end. Anyone who would be in my situation will say the same.